Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Password Protected Worksheets    

Password Protected Worksheets

Zora
Canada

Password Protected Worksheets

A quick little complaint (suggestion) here...

I just downloaded some Thanksgiving activities and found that the documents are not editable!! It asks me for a password to edit the worksheet! I have never come across this before and I �d like to say that doing something like that is not fair - at least in my mind...

Now, I can �t use the ws because I can�t edit them!!!! And most likely, I will not download ever again from these users... Sorry, I like ws I can edit or use only parts of in my class - so please, please, pretty please do not password protect your work!!

Linda

24 Nov 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Zora, can �t you just copy and paste?

24 Nov 2010     

Zora
Canada

I don�t have time to be copying and pasting... at least tonight I didn�t. I spent over ten minutes (I run to get things as I need them) trying to modify the page and at first, I got a "read-only" message, then I closed it and checked properties, reopened, tried again and found out it was password protected!!!

Sorry, I find things like that annoying... I wasted my students time and mine fiddling with a ws that in the end, I ended up not using. Confused

24 Nov 2010     

baiba
Latvia

What an embarrassing and unfriendly thing to do! What for, I wonder...?

24 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

The uploader might have set the automatic password protection to all documents created in his computer...

Maybe the password protection is a sort of a command done by the computer automatically and the uploader didn �t do that intentionally...

24 Nov 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

It would be interesting to tell us which worksheet it is, so we can see if this happens to everybody. I have never seen such a thing before. perhaps the member doesn �t even knoe this is happening. 

24 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/3/8/8/5/1227973289772298741celfred_Pointing_finger.svg.med.png

24 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Zora

If it is a read-only document you should be able to save as into a new document and then modify the new document to your hearts content.

Cheers

Jayho

24 Nov 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Linda

No words, really disguting.
Anyway, may be this member usually works this way, with pssword docs, and, may be, he/she has just followed a routine, I mean, without no intention of uploadind a password doc.
May be, don �t know, not sure if you are in the mood and, more over, if you have the time - pm him/her and try to clarify.

If, hope not, but, if the intention was to publish a password blocked doc, well, ....... this raises tons of problems here.
First - lack of education ?  yes, probably, but, we don �t have any clue, may be a just a member with lack of info.

Second - wow, this one is difficult for me.
let �s us thinkl - what, in the end, is the difference between a password doc and a jpeg printable ?

Well, there is no difference, at first, but I can spy a BIG one.

I have quite, a few, some printables in jpeg format, cause, at the time, I was not able to reduce the size. But, I never, ever, have uploaded a printable password blocked. If it is a word doc, you can manipulate it, if I can �t deal with the maximum size, so sorry, you get a .jpeg. I usually leave in the comments the possibility of asking me for the word doc, via pm.

Anyway, this is very , very sad, but, anyway, again, may be, just may be, this member has done this in a severe case of lack of attention ( LOL ) , but I speak seriously.  It can happen.

Very embarrasing, hope Victor sees this and comes up with some new rules....Stern Smile  ( Gosh, did I ask for more rules ? LINDA, go to bed - you need to rest )

LInda, my dear Linda, let me write here that we are both Linda, otherwise people won �t understand a needle - people, there are two Linda(s) - Linda and me or, if you prefer, Me and Linda .

Linda, very sad, I know you are in a pool of extra work, plenty of reason, you are right, that �s not fair, but, let �s give a chance to that member to explain / apologize; - if not, we can cross that guy out,              ............................ can �t we ?Exclamation

Linda, dear, tons of hugs from the OTHER linda

( I know I haven �t answered you, can �t guess the silly life I �m living, as politicians here usually say, and it seems, this is my SILLY SEASON.

hugs, big kiss
Linda

25 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Well, just may be, some people prefer their work to stay theirs and want to protect it from stealing?
There are so many printables here that can be and are allowed by their authors to be adapted, why the hassel anyway?
Sophia

25 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sophia, if people can �t accept that their work might be adapted, the least they could do is let people know. I �m not interested in downloading something that is not editable.

25 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >