Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching "older" beginners... + distance learning    

Teaching "older" beginners... + distance learning

cheezels
New Zealand

Teaching "older" beginners... + distance learning

I have been approached by two different learning places here in sweden to start up a conversational/beginners english for the pensioners who are interested... I think it will be a lot of fun.. but apparently they will be expecting me to help them by speaking in swedish (still a beginner myself and not fluent yet)... Does anyone have any good sites aimed at the older person learning english? I am going to do heaps of vocab and situational activities ie yourself/family/likes dislikes etc etc... but am wondering if there is anything out there for the basics aimed at the older learner. I want to make great lessons that are easy to understand so that they will not have to rely on my swedish!!!! hehe
Question 2 I have also been approached to start a distance  learning course via internet and headphones type of set up. Has anyone done this type of thing? I am a bit nervous to say yes to it as I don�t know what the expectations or how I would go about running this type of thing? The place that has offered me this opportunity is huge throughout sweden, so the technical part I don�t have to worry about.. its just the material.. I just don�t get how effective a lesson would be when you can�t see your students.... Any experiences from any members to share?

Maybe  you can PM me so space isnt taken up on the message board :-)

5 Dec 2008