Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Liny ´s classrom    

Liny ´s classrom

Mariethe House
France

Liny ´s classrom

My dear Liny I am using your pictures on  this forum again ! Hope you will forgive me!

This is one of an ESL members classroom and class in Panama!

I pray whatever God you believe in( all ESL members) that you understand why I am posting these two pictures!

Please Liny, don �t forget to check you have included the answer key in one single document! Stern Smile
In case some of you don �t understand, this is a tint of humour to show in which conditions some people have to wotk when we, on this side of the planet, more priviliged, we fight over petty problems!

A word to the wise is enough!

26 Nov 2010      

donapeter
Romania

I am out of words. 

Sharing such materials makes us be aware of what we have. 

@Liny: Keep up the good work!! 

26 Nov 2010     

nombasa
South Africa

Hi
I moved from wealthy Scotland (although no one there would agree with the wealthy bit) to rural South Africa.  Many classes are 80 children to a teacher and the only resources are a board and chalk plus some text books.  There are obviously some very well off schools and still some schools which meet under trees.  Photocopiers are not readily available but some of the very best teaching comes from interactive talk and chalk.  I think we often rely too much on modern inventions and although they provide us with a great richness to our work, we are skilled teachers are the best resource a school can have.
I love South Afrcia with all of its problems. 
Jenny (Nombasa)

26 Nov 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Mariethe, thanks for sharing these photos with us . Your posts are always enlightining, and touching . "Chapeau" Clap
Lyny and nombasa,congratulations for the effort and the excellent work you do. I take my hat off to you and to all teachers who are working under so poor conditions.Clap

�The heart rules without rules�. Togolese proverb.

Have a nice day.

26 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you for your enlightening posts, Mariethe.
I �m never complaining again of my 30-children classes...Congratulations to Lyny, Nombassa and all teachers who work under such conditions - it takes a lot of courage and dedication to do that. You �re an inspiration to us all.

26 Nov 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thanks Mariethe for enlightening us and reminding us that conditions are not all the same.  My hat goes off to  Lyny, Nombassa and all of the teachers that work under such conditions.

26 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I�d like to add a link to this:

It�s about a Masai teacher from the remote African desert, whose school with no electricity or plumbing  is surrounded by a thicket fence to keep lions out at night. The school gets no government funding.

Cheers

Jayho

27 Nov 2010