Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question regarding clipart    

Question regarding clipart

magneto
Greece

Question regarding clipart

Hello, dear colleagues!

Quick question regarding clipart: I �ve found this public domain clipart site, where it �s clearly stated that you are free to use their clipart for personal and commercial projects.
However, they do have this term: "If you wish to use this clipart, please link to us using the code below"
I �ve never seen such a term before, so here �s the question: These codes are about five lines long each. Do I have to include them all in my ws & the description? Because that would take about a whole page (or maybe more) in the ws and all the description space...Do you think it would be OK if I just acknowledged the fact that I took them from the site and provide a link to the site?
I �d particularly appreciate some replies from moderators or members who are very familiar with such things, but any replies are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Have a great weekSmile

29 Nov 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,
yes, that is what I do when I use Philip Martin clipart. Just write the link where the clipart is from.Wink

Have a great day, MJ

29 Nov 2010     

dennismychina
China

Hi, I�m sure what they mean by their terms is that if you use their clipart on your website, you should link back to their site. As the site has stated that you can use their material, you aren�t obligated to acknowledge their site in your worksheets, although I would be nice of you if you did.

Enjoy.

29 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you both for your answersSmile

29 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

The link provided is probably meant to be inserted in a web page - if you use �their � clip art for web design.

Btw, if it �s really public domain stuff it �s very likely the makers of the site are not even the makers of the clip art. 

Hope you �re not running out of pills Big smile

29 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thanks, Phillip!
And...Nope! Got a big fat stash of �em!LOL

29 Nov 2010