Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > new account    

new account

Yolandaprieto
Spain

new account

Hello everybody, I am Yolanda (yolprica) and my old account has been cancelled because I made some mistakes when I uploaded some worksheets. I had two versions of the same worksheet and I really didn �t realize the mistake and I understand why my account was cancelled but I want to continue being part of this great community. Can you tell me if my old printables are still on the site? If not, can I reupload them? Only very few of them didn �t stick strictly to the rules of the site ( I insist that it wasn �t intentionally).
What do you suggest me to do?
Thanks in advance for your opinions and I am very sorry for having done something against the rules. (I already had nearly 3000 points and I want to do my best to get them again with new contributions and if possible to reupload the best ones ) I have worked very hard to make useful worksheets and get those wonderful ones you have been sending.
Yolanda

30 Nov 2010      

magneto
Greece

Hi, Yolanda!

First of all, perhaps you �d like to add your old username in parentheses next to the new one, so that it �s clear who you are and no-one reports your reuploaded wss as stolen.
I see all your wss have been removed after your account was cancelled, so I guess you can reupload your wss if you wish (just make sure you add a note in your description saying what has happened, so that they �re not reported as stolen).
I don �t know what mistakes you had made in your old printables that led to your account being cancelled, but I �m pretty sure you won �t have any problems if you avoid making them again.

Perhaps an opinion by Victor or some of the moderators would be more reliable, though.

Welcome back and

30 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Yolanda . Welcome back. Your ws are not here anymore as far as I can tell. But I �m sure you could have checked just as well as I could did, no? Ed

30 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Yolanda, I do not think that your account was canceled because you had the same document in different versions, even if they were color and bw versions of the same document, I doubt that that was what resulted in the cancellation of your account, I don �t know, but as I said, I doubt it.

Regards

30 Nov 2010     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

You can believe what you want but I had some texts which were taken from the exams our students do at the end of the school year when they are 18 and I have used them  with my students in class to show them what the typical exams are like but I changed the questions and the layout because I didn �t want to break the rules and UNINTENTIONALLY I sent the old ones. That �s what happened, believe it or not. (I didn �t need to explain this here but I am an honest person and want to make things clear)
Yolanda

30 Nov 2010     

Zora
Canada

I am quite appalled by people �s behavior ... guilty until proven otherwise obviously... Not what things used to be like on ESLPrintables. No more benefit of the doubt, I see... lets lynch everybody for an error, a watermark, or two words of French, Italian or Spanish on a worksheet!

Yolanda has been a member for quite some time here; and I have always known her to be an honest person, who likes to help out and has always brought interesting topics to the forum. I think that we (as a site) should be a little less critical and a hell of a lot more forgiving - especially with people who have been on the site for a long time and have tried to make it a better place...

Keep up the finger pointing people and we will keep losing great contributors like Frenchfrog... who left because of these things.

Linda   

30 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Zora, as far as I know it takes quite a few copied ws in order to have one �s account canceled. Maybe the people who reported the worksheetS can shed light on the matter.

I don�t know that/why frenchfrog left, she still seems to have resources up.

People are sad when some resources that they were used to having are gone. Some of these resources are gone because they were copied from other sites....people invest time in this site and all of a sudden the resons why they invested that time are gone? That is like being the owner of a mortgage for an uninsured luxury apartment after a flood.....I would like this site to stay and I would like to be able to use the points that I have accumulated when I really need to.

As far as I know it is seven strikes, the fact that people don�t get a warning or are informed why their resources/accounts are removed would be another topic to discuss.

30 Nov 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Yolanda. GSmileSmileD to see you! Of course you can reupload your worksheets if they follow the rules.

Have a nice day.
Hugs,
mena

30 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Some members - both old and new - seem to be quite trigger-happy lately. A crying shame.

All of Frenchfrog �s wss are gone. All that �s left are a few tutorials and online exercises - impossible to delete yourself.

I like this community but I am sometimes appalled and ashamed at some of its members � behaviour. (Not aimed at anyone in particular - if the cap fits...)

Welcome back Yolanda.

30 Nov 2010     

Zora
Canada

hello Regina,

I admit that like most here, I joined this site because of the wonderful resources that were available but, I decided to stay on and help out because of the wonderful people that I �ve met here over the years. Lately, that willingness to share, not only worksheets but knowledge, personal joys, laughter, and sometimes tears has diminished greatly.

Every day, I come on here and I see somebody complaining about something, a new member being told to "look up things, and stop being lazy...", people being told to take  whatever  to the caf� because it doesn �t belong on the main forum, etc.

Greetings are no longer allowed, people making jokes are frowned upon, and generally anything "fun" is seen as a crime. This is sad indeed. We teachers work long days and I used to come here to unwind, have a laughed or two, or shoot the breeze with other teachers� Now, I don �t. I usually come online to grab what I need, the site is no longer fun to be on. Sometimes I will help out, if I see an interesting question or query, but mostly I refrain from answering at all.

Unfortunately, the site has become about "egos", about who is the thief and finger pointing � sharing, and the humbleness and goodwill that accompanies such a thing, seems not to be there as much as it was.

Us pooh-poohing Yolanda today has just made me realize the extent to which the site has changed, and not for the good.  Instead of helping her out, we resorted to the old "she must have been cheating" mentality... and that is sad. We don �t even give our "friends" the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Linda

30 Nov 2010     

fidelina
Iceland

I totally agree with Zora�s opinion.

Welcome back Yolanda Thumbs Up

30 Nov 2010     

1    2    3    Next >