Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Simpson Family Tree    

Simpson Family Tree

melahel7
Canada

Simpson Family Tree

Sorry to take some of the forum space but I have to get this off my chest.  If I see one more worksheet with the Simpson �s family tree, I will personally ask Victor to apply the following rule: No use of the Simpson �s Family tree.  This picture has been used so many times that even the dirtiest cloth couldn �t match it.  There, I said it.  I feel much better now!  Also, has anyone noticed that more and more people are uploading worksheets in the powerpoint section?  What �s up with that?

1 Dec 2010      

foreverjinxed
South Africa

I tend to agree, although I doubt that rule will ever be made! I wonder if it �s possible to report them as �using another member �s worksheet as a template. �...

I don �t think it �s acceptable that �worksheets � are uploaded as PPTs. The common excuse is that the worksheets are too big to upload as worksheets, but if other members can make beautiful worksheets with many pictures, smaller than 500k, then anyone should be able to do it.

1 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Regarding the Simpsons:
I had similar thoughts several times, but I resisted the temptation ;o)))
I think the market will solve the problem ;o)

Regarding PPTs:
How about a new rule: "PPTs must have at least 5 slides."

Part serious, part kidding.

1 Dec 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

It �s only due to the fact that they are so readily available and therefore easy to copy/produce.
If we were having this discussion in the 70s or 80s it would be the Flintstones we �d be talking about.
But I do agree with you.... Originality, what has hapenned to it? Doh!...... Ay Caramba.

1 Dec 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

As Bart would say...............Eat my shorts, Well, you �re damned if you do, and you �re damned if you don �t, Remember, you can always find East by staring directly at the sun.

And as Homer would say������Operator! Give me the number for 911!, Do I dare live out the American dream?
If something �s hard to do, then it �s not worth doing, Doh! Ay caramber.

Marge would say this������.. I brought you a tuna sandwich. They say it �s brain food. I guess because there �s so much dolphin in it, and you know how smart they are, Is your room clean?

Lisa would say������������.. I believe in you, But, Mom! If you take our cartoons away, we �ll grow up without a sense of humour and be robots ,
Ooh! A political discussion at our table. I feel like a Kennedy!

Maggie would say�������.(pacifier sucking noise) suck,  suck,  suck, suck, suck, suck

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

1 Dec 2010