Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help with teaching phonics    

I need help with teaching phonics

Kholoud
United Arab Emirates

I need help with teaching phonics

HI all,

how can I best teach dipthongs to my students.  Specially the sound /th/ - as it differs in some words (e.g. think, the).
I don�t want to get my students confused about it!
I�d appreciate your help...

thanx

23 Sep 2008      

wakebeauty
Brazil

Hi kholoud,

When I teach my students the two "th" sounds, I use the "bee sound" (zzzzzzzzzzzz) to show them how  we pronounce the sound "th" as in the word faTHer and the "snake sound" (ssssssssssss) to teach the "th" as in the word THanks. Of course, reminding them to put the tip of their tongues between their teeth.

I have this worksheet with these two TH sounds: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=93267#thetop 
Take a look at it, if you think it�s useful for ur students,give me ur email and I�ll send it to you, ok?!?!

I hope my ordinary tip is useful for you...

A little kiss(*.*)

23 Sep 2008     

Kholoud
United Arab Emirates

loved the worksheet.. very useful.. now am gonna check all ur worksheets and download what I need for my phonics classes..

Thanx Fer :)

24 Sep 2008