Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Make pupils write songs    

Make pupils write songs

mimau
France

Make pupils write songs

Hi!I �d like to know if anybody has ever tried to make pupils write songs ...I �m thinking about it and I �d like to hear about your experiments!!!!

2 Dec 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �ve tried "rap". But it didn �t work out. It really depends on the students � creative abilities in my opinion. Mine liked to look for the rhymes in the word bank on a ws I �ve created for them but that �s it... I will have to try when they grow up a bit ( they �re 11 now)
SophiaConfused

2 Dec 2010     

mayrasiu
Mexico

Something that has worked pretty well with my students is using a well known song and Ss create a new version. This way students don �t have to start from scratch. You can decide which words to erase so that Ss can change the lyrics a little, or for something more challenging erase complete lines/phrases for Ss to insert something else that fits the rhythm of the music. You could also use just the melody of a song that is familiar to your Ss, and then assign a different section to different Ss (Ss might be in small groups, pair, or individually) for them to write the new version.

2 Dec 2010