Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi    

Hi

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Hi

Hi,

I have a question about the word :  nurse  which means give a baby milk.

Should we use this verb with breastfeeding only or bottle-feeding ????

Thanks a lot in advance,
:)

4 Dec 2010      

donapeter
Romania

I just give you a hint: when you need to know the REAL definition/meaning/sense of a word- don �t ask the public- just use authorized source as dictionaries! 
hint: google definition :word and our friend Google will display all the indexed  definitions: wikipedia(not that I recommand or something- but you can make an idea from there too), princeton dictionary, merriam-webster, the freedictionary etc etc 
it �s much easier!! 

4 Dec 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Ok

I searched it in dictionary.com.
It was not clear.

but now I have found it here.

Thanks

4 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

nurse is not only the person who feed the baby but as that link says : a person formally educated and trained in the care of the sickor infirm. Compare nurse-midwifenurse-practitioner,physician �s assistantpractical nurseregistered nurse.

4 Dec 2010     

yanogator
United States

That �s not the meaning of nurse that was asked about.

5 Dec 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Pretty3

The dictionary references are good but maybe they don �t entirely answer your question and it can be confusing.

For some nursing can be breastfeeding or bottlefeeding.  For others only breastfeeding is nursing.  In my neck of the woods people don �t really use nurse that much anymore - they usually say either breastfeed or bottlefeed.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Dec 2010