Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why can īt save the document?    

Why can īt save the document?

AGUILA
Spain

Why can īt save the document?

Hello everybody! I have tried to save the fonts in my worksheets, but it doesn īt run. I have downloaded the tutorial made by lizsantiago, but when I upload a document, fonts change and it is terrible because it changes the whole document (presentation and decoration). What can I do? I use windows xp.

9 Dec 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

Some fonts cannot be embedded.
Only True Type fonts can be embedded as far as I know.
You may copy the headline in MS Paint and insert it as a picture...

The cliparts SHOULD BE GROUPED, so they don īt move...
ctrl + click on all pics, rightclick mouse - group.

9 Dec 2010     

AGUILA
Spain

Ok, but when I see other contributions, they have the same fonts as mine, for example, floralies, comic sans, forte, pcsnowballs... Only times new roman and other "boring" fonts keep in the worksheets.

9 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Maybe the special font was saved as an image.

9 Dec 2010     

AGUILA
Spain

So, what do you recommend me? Write the sentences and then save as an image? I don īt know other way.

10 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Comic sans is a standard font as far as I know...

In case of the others, you may add a list of fonts used - at the end of the worksheet.
If the donwloader gets/has the font, s/he will see the worksheet ok...

I would recommend you to copy the HEADLINEs as pictures
Floralies and Snowballs Font is SUITABLE FOR Headlines - topic theme only... No long text...
The fancy fonts are usually not very easy to read... They are readable with some difficulties...

Do not convert the articles, readings, longer texts into picture, the texts should be EDITABLE all the time...

Can you upload the worksheet now so I can see what the problem is??

10 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Most uploaders use fancy fonts for headlines or key words...

This is the only example I had seen Floralies and Snowballs Font here...
The fancy fonts are also used in alphabet flashcards or posters...

10 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with moravc. Cute fonts are nice looking but may be harder to read for younger students. I certainly would not use them for more than a title or a headline. Just my two cents...

10 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Victor installed new fonts, so they can be seen in the preview window, for example: Kristen ITC.

To be viewed after donwloading, the person has to have the font installed, or the font has to be embedded in the document.

Titles can be saved as images, if you want to use more than one fancy font you īd better embed them, but choose "only the characters used", because embedded fonts increase the size of the document. 

10 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

To sum up:
you should use fancy fonts for healines and titles only, because they are less readable
you may save the headline/title as a picture or you may add a list of fonts used on the last page
you may try to embedd the fonts in the doc, click on "only characters used", this works for true type fonts only
you should group all pictures, so they don īt move when downloaded and opened on different computers. If there are 5 or more pics, the doc might change into a complete mess...

Those who have the font installed will see your worksheet ok.
Eg. When I downloaded your ws with the font Florales, I saw the headline with flowers :-)

10 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Remember that if you are making worksheets for small children- they can īt read elaborate fonts. That īs why most books are written in Times.
They also learn to print letters in the same font.
So your wss might look great, but they have to be able to be read by the readers!!!

10 Dec 2010