Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Write your name in the worksheet/exam? or Write your name on......?    

Write your name in the worksheet/exam? or Write your name on......?

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Write your name in the worksheet/exam? or Write your name on......?

Yolanda

10 Dec 2010      

Cartuxa
Portugal

I think it �s Write your name on...

10 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

On.

10 Dec 2010     

Mary Myr
Ukraine

on=) 

10 Dec 2010     

Halildurak
Turkey

I guess it �s on since we are talking about an object with two dimensions as in the samples
on the wall
on the board
on the floor

10 Dec 2010     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

What about the following?
I saw it written in/on a book. Write this down in/on  your notebooks. Don �t write the answers in/on your books. Too  many questions but I have always had problems with these prepositions in certain contexts. I hope I can solve them forever 
Thanks for your answers, you are very helpful
Yolanda

10 Dec 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

You write IN a notebook, book, or multi-page packet or handout.  This is because it has covers, which are considered borders, or sides, like a box.

You write ON a piece of paper/quiz/test/poster/wall/table because it �s flat.  If you are discussing a piece of paper that is printed on both sides, use "ON the front/back".  You can, also, write ON the COVER of a book, because it�s flat.

You speak ON the phone, type ON a typewriter or computer, watch a show or program ON television, listen to something ON the radio.  I tell my students that if it �s electronic, use "ON."

When you discuss a book, you say "ON page 12" etc.  but you say "IN the front/middle/back (of the book)."  If there is a chart or box on the page inside a book �s pages, you say "IN the chart/box ON page 12" because it has borders, or sides, on the flat page.

Hope this helps!

Your American friend

10 Dec 2010