Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP!    

HELP!

Flora1
Brazil

HELP!

well, I didn�t understand this rule very well becuase it says that you can use text from books with exercices that you have created but after that it seems that says don�t use it, so I am without understand. Please, can someone Clarify my mind?

You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

It is unfair according to rule so can�t I use? Most of the text are from Esl books!!!!!

12 Dec 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

NO you can �t use text that are from esl websites or books.  for example you can use a text from wikipedia.  you cant  use a text from wikipedia and paste it into a document if you do not add any exercises

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

so, what kind of book can I use in my worsheets?

12 Dec 2010     

stexstme
France

You can use any books which are not ESL, Flora. For example,  poetry, books about history or science, you can use magazines or newspapers articles if you add your own work...( same with websites)
Hope this helps ;o)

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Thanks lizsantiago and stexstme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I understood!!!

12 Dec 2010     

rodrioli15
Portugal

Flora 1 is right.
There �s some kind of contradiction.
Just a question:
If the text taken from wikipedia is already used in a esl book, can we use it ?
Thanks in advance.
R.

12 Dec 2010