Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > just to share my experience    

just to share my experience

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

just to share my experience

when i started the semester in august, i found i was going to give esl to kindergarten. i was sooooo scared because i had never given classes to this grade and didn �t have any materials prepared. at that time i came to the forum and asked for help and opinions which were given by some of you my dearest friends. the thing is that the semester is almost over, with just 2 days left and i have to tell you that i fell in love with this kids as many of you predicted. i am so proud that my kids are already reading and have learned a lot... they haven �t even started to read in their own language but are reading all the cvc words that can be made with the letters m,n,s,t,l,d,p,e, and a.  i am so happy for them but i am also sad because there is a possibility that the school changes my group to the other kinder group because we have one group that starts at 8 to 12 and the one i give from 12 to 3 and they want the morning group to come in the afternoon and viceversa.  so i am sad because i might not finish what i started.  anyway i just wanted to share this and thank all the people who answer my post when i was lost. 

victoria-ladybug, cristinaann, ladybird,mariannina, kohaku, manoski, misg.cz, carinita, ellakass, anaisabel001, ditku, ksena, frankbea, s.lefvre, strexstme, cartuxa, aliciapc, dennismychina, blunderbuster, ahlam, yetgumboots, anitarobi, juliag, omfp, myfairy, aleftina, jecika, redcamarocruiser, mariamit. sorry if any of the nicks are misspelled but there were sooo many.

14 Dec 2010      

mariannina
Italy

HeartHug

14 Dec 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hug

14 Dec 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

14 Dec 2010     

jecika
Serbia

a group hug Smile

15 Dec 2010     

ellakass
Israel

15 Dec 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

It �s so nice to hear that somebody was sucsessful. If you can �t continue with this group, you certanly planted something good. And you will do even better next semester with a new group.

15 Dec 2010     

Sharin Raj
Malaysia

Fantastic Liz. I am sure if you are given a new group you would excel just as well or even much better. An excellent teacher deserves an applaud. God bless you, dearest friend!

15 Dec 2010     

ditku
Poland

Congratulations, Liz!!!

I also gained some experience with kids this semester. I teach 5 groups of 8-10 year olds in a private language school, and I must admit that it is soooo demanding! Our site has been extremely helpful for me, nowadays (sometimes I �m out of breath preparing the handouts, games and flashcards, and sleeping for 3 hours a day!). Thanks to you all!!! (you too, Liz!)
Even though I feel a little bit tired, I still think the enthusiasm in the childrens � eyes is truly rewarding, and I �m glad that I was given this job offer in September.
Liz, it is absolutely fantastic that you are the right person in the right place. Keep it up and never give up (ditkuCent rapping). ;) The teachers who will be teaching your little ones in the future will be inexpressibly grateful to you for all the sound job you did with the children.

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction and experience here.
(HUGE HUG)

ditku(MC)

15 Dec 2010     

teacher drica
Brazil

Hello Liz!
I �m from Brazil and I also teach English for little kids.
I really liked to know about your teaching experience.
It �s really demanding, but when they start to read, sing and pronounce the words (in English - their second language)... It �s so gratifying!!! It makes me think that my work should go on... It �s like a pleasurable mission!
This website is very helpfull for us. I think we should post more materials for kindergarten kids and share our experiences about teaching kids.
I also teach adults, but I think when you teach children you receive a fast feedback. There are some activities that I do first with them. And, If it work, I try with adults.  
Congratulations for you good job!

15 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Jecika �s post says it all !! Great to hear such good results ! Congratulations  !! Hug

15 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >