Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Panpals from JAPAN wanted    

Panpals from JAPAN wanted

Errie
Japan

Only one word could make the difference here.

16 Dec 2010     

roneydirt
United States

Now you want snail mail...  Are you going to provide the stamps?   Now my suggestion lose the racist overtone, open your mind in many areas.  Do you have any idea the cost for the stamps?  How about certain areas censorship boards?   

My recommendations:

-One open to any schools that want to participate and/or any students wanting to participate.  Can have more than one penpal.
-Two allow electronic, welcome to the 21st Century.  I have students sending texts to their pen pals in the hallways and are always interesting when they compare notes or talk about their penpals even when it is not in the class.  Even students that complain they don �t have time to do their homework in my afterschool classes.
-Want to keep the snail mail make it a once a month from school to school delivery to save cost on the students.  does two things, keeps the initimacy you talk of and pressures the not so compliant students to join in.
-Remember your not going to get all your students to actually participate for a long period of time, so why expect everyone else to do it.

16 Dec 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Touching a sore spot here...My students worked sooo hard on their postcards for Turkish students, very excitely we posted them, including an enlarged photo of our class with all the names so their wouldn �t be any confusion over who is a boy and who is a girl, we waited and waited, and waited and waited, nothing, not even a note from the teacher acknowledging  they arrived. (I know they did, she sent me an email) The kids were so dissappointed, hurt even. I begged the teacher that even if her class cannot respond for any reason, she could at least write a small note saying the cards were wonderful and thanking them, something... but she never responded, all their efforts just met a void.....
Sorry for getting just a tad annoyed with your post!
(even just this day, one of the studentn asked me if anything ever arrived. It is almost a year later now, they still remember!!!)

16 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2