Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > & today īs winner is (drum roll, please) ....    

& today īs winner is (drum roll, please) ....

alien boy
Japan

& today īs winner is (drum roll, please) ....

Some great ideas there Approve, so it makes it very difficult to choose a winner...

maybe we should get everyone to janken to fing the winner? No? Ok...

In the spirit of Christmas I declare miss K. the winner!

Her daffynition:

"ding is a sound made by the bells. doul comes from greek doulos meaning servant. er is an english suffix indicating that the word is a noun. So dingdouler is a person who provides whatever service you need if your bells are not working properly. He does jingle bells check up on Santa īs sleigh every year before and after Christmas."

The word is apparently old Canadian & English with the meaning īfine dress/attire �... but according to another source it can also mean ībad dressing style � in some parts of Canada & the UK too Confused

Now if you can catch up with me in Tokyo I īll see if I can find that ticket for your trip... maybe Ed could carry your suitcase for you too?

Party Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas everyone Beer

23 Dec 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

I īm anxiously waiting at the Park Hyat .Ed

23 Dec 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

It was a pleasent surprise to become winner. Thanks!
It turns out that to come up with a word is more difficult than to give a definition.
As this year comes to an end the next WOD begins with y too! It īs YAKKA.
Keep this thread please and come up with definitions of your own.

23 Dec 2010