Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The value of work    

The value of work

martavc
Portugal

I agree with you 100%!

8 Dec 2008     

monikutzaa
Romania

I saw that the aspect is more apreciated here than the content. There are worksheets with only 1 simple exercise and 1 big picture which are more downloaded than the worksheets with lots of useful exercises (4-5 pages), but with no pictures. There are lots of examples.

I made this worksheets or however you may name them to help teachers focus on content, not on looks, so they can have more time to create useful exercises, not to search pictures on internet.

You are a teacher and you must know you can�t judge everything from the first sight. My borders are not downloaded from Microsoft so you can cut this line from your copy and paste comment. I put my documents on the ��others�� category, so it�s not a worksheets. I saw my borders copied on other worksheets (taken from my worksheets without any change of size or anything and without any ��thanks for the border��) so i thought teachers need borders.

IF YOU DON�T LIKE MY WORK, DON�T DOWNLOAD!!!

Have a nice day!

8 Dec 2008     

mena22
Portugal

I�m so glad this issue was brought up again to this forum. And I�m so glad Victor is going to solve the problem once for all. Smile

8 Dec 2008     

Anna P
Brazil

Frenchfrog is absolutely right!  Borders and frames are NOT ESL materials!

8 Dec 2008     

offstage
Brazil

The Value of Work

Dear AnnaP, Mena22, Frenchfrog, Victor, Hknong and all those who commented on The Value of Work:

Talented and gifted people like you all are examples to follow. People who do not do anything but copy, are not. I have been teaching for a long time. I have always created my own material. I am not gifted at all to draw, so I do need what we can find for free, clip arts and other things. So, dear Frenchfrog, do not get so upset. Your work is outstanding. I am sure Victor shall find a solution soon. The message to those people who cannot produce anything has already been given. Good judgement is always good, at least to hope for. Have a good day and please accept my greetings from Brazil. Ursula

8 Dec 2008     

offstage
Brazil

The Value of Work

Dear AnnaP, Mena22, Frenchfrog, Victor, Hknong and all those who commented on The Value of Work:

Talented and gifted people like you all are examples to follow. People who do not do anything but copy, are not. I have been teaching for a long time. I have always created my own material. I am not gifted at all to draw, so I do need what we can find for free, clip arts and other things. So, dear Frenchfrog, do not get so upset. Your work is outstanding. I am sure Victor shall find a solution soon. The message to those people who cannot produce anything has already been given. Good judgement is always good, at least to hope for. Have a good day and please accept my greetings from Brazil. Ursula

8 Dec 2008     

pauguzman
Argentina

I think some teachers are getting the illness of  laziness and quickness of this zapping era,( I sometimes get them ) so it�s easier to copy from others resources and receive the acknowledgment for that, but frenchfrog expressed it perfectly. However, what bother me a lot is  THAT SOME TEACHERS DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!
JUST SAY THANKS !!! I like to know that my work is useful, wrong, nice, etc.,so as to improve them or to go on with the same methodology and I �d also like  to know where are practising and studying with my worksheets( this is out of curiosity!!).

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!
=)

8 Dec 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

It�s 9:15 P.M. in Canada.  Today,  I didn�t work because it is election day in Quebec.  Since this morning I have mostly seen unpleasant comments from one member to another.  Let�s put a stop to this.  It�s very unpleasant.  Why can�t there be a monitoring system to prevent downloads that are not allowed on the site.  At one time, I thought I had read a post that some members might be nominated to help Victor out.  If the worksheet that is uploaded is not within the norms,  just make sure the points are not given.  I am sure this would stop the uploading of unwanted material.  I thought this is what we had on the site.  Once again, please put a stop to what has been happening and  put this wonderful site to what it is meant to be.  Good night everyone.  Pleasant dreams.

9 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2