Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FROM A SAD LADYBIRD    

FROM A SAD LADYBIRD

Concei��o Sousa
Portugal

FROM A SAD LADYBIRD

Hi, everyone!
I�m here for less than a month and I feel a bit sad and lots of adjectives.... with what I�ve read these last few days. I knew this site for a long time and in November I decided to enter this new family. I was "enchanted", it�s a great site. I�m a premium member since the first week I got here. I�ve already used some printables for my classes and I love the work that is presented here.
However, I agree with everything that has been said today.
Tell me...  is it fair to give points to frames? is it fair to give points to stolen or copied materials?Is it fair to give points to "copy-paste" material
I love teaching and I make my materials alone with of course the help of esl resources (internet and others).
What I want to tell you is that you have to work hard to make a good original ws or ppt.
As a new member I�d like to see things solved and define fair and equal rules otherwise, there�s no reason to be here.........
BIG HUG FOR ALL OF YOU FROM PORTUGAL!

8 Dec 2008      

Zora
Canada

Ahh.. Concei�ao... TODAY it�s you and not me who is upset! Cheer up. This is a seemingly ongoing battle and not worth getting too upset over. I do understand the need to vent though.

Perhaps, the best solution is that there is an area dedicated exclusively to scanned item and such. And these resources shouldn�t receive points. (This was mentioned before by someone but I can�t remember who? Giovanni perhaps?? ) Then the people who are really doing this "from the goodness of their heart", will not receive any recompensation for their "good deed"... THEN we will really see who is supposedly uploading because they have resources they want to share ... out of kindness.... and not out of the need to get easy points!

Linda

8 Dec 2008     

johnbrasil
Brazil

I don�t really think its so much a problem of a few frames but it seems to me to be more than this. I have seen many people use frames my wife created by using free clip art from the internet and then moan in this very same web site about them. The frames she created from these free graphics were originally around pages she created and she saw people had copied and pasted them to create a frame around their own pages and simple created pages with only frames for this. Putting sarcastic comments like - I can� believe two people downloaded this! really provides creative criticism. I see that it has gotten to such an extent that one user was advertising another website for people to post to because he was sick and tired of this constant back biting, usually these messages give the same impression - I want to have all the points but not the rest of you :-(  I haven�t seen any evidence of people stating what graphics software they used to create every single piece of graphic on their pages, many free clip art sites host these same graphics too. Is it a coincidence that these graphics all seem to look identical? Did these people just create exactly the same graphics at exactly the same time as the free clip art sites? Somehow I don�t think so. I�d like to see people putting what software they used to create their 100% original graphics, along with proof of this too. I see that people are now asking for links for this and links for that, proof of original graphic design seems to fit in with this list.  When we first joined here there was none of this fighting over points, and are points really the most important thing? I thought it was sharing information. From what messages I see now, that idea seems to be quickly disappearing. People are very rude with their spam messages in people�s comment boxes too, a quick look over the last few weeks has seen many people accused of thievery and other such things, and some weren�t even guilty of this. I didn�t see the condemners so quick to apologize.  I doubt very much that this was Victor�s idea when he originally created this site. Maybe we should start paying some sort of tithe to these people who criticize constantly, sort of like overlords and peons? Are the rest of us really so bad at creating worksheets? I have never had a single complaint from any of my students about the worksheets both me and my wife have created and uploaded here. And students are the most important thing, not points, points, points. While we agree that frames are not exercises, people used these graphics to enhance their own and wouldn�t have downloaded them if they didn�t want to use them in the first place. Also I saw people complaining that people had joined and were not uploading sheets, etc. I wonder how many of them  are just not uploading simple because they are reading the forums and actually became afraid of posting anything here because they could be next in the firing line? It would be nice to actually go to the homepage and not see a certain few constantly accusing everybody else of stealing or some other crime, a lot of the time now with out getting the facts straight. Soon It�ll get to the stage when people visiting for the 1st time are not even going to bother signing up and posting their material here for fear of what might be said about them :-(

9 Dec 2008