Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A Model Class    

A Model Class

harelyta
Peru

A Model Class

Hi My Dear Friends:
I am here once again to ask you for some help, of course
Well I �m looking for a new job for the 2011 year so I have to present a model class for kinders, age of two and three, and ten students.. The topic is free, so I can choose it but I don �t know what to teach ...I �m getting a little crazy thinking about what to do..teh point is
What is great to present?? What should I include or consider according to the age??
Which songs can I use? What about the material??? How do I act??
Can you give me some tips to make it better???
Well, thanks a bunch for your answers and great ideas
Happy 2011 year!!
Kisses and Hugs from Peru
Harelyta

29 Dec 2010      

nombasa
South Africa

How long do you have to present you class?  It is a tall order to have something structured for two and three year olds.  I would do a simple story which has stong pictures and a lot of simple repitition that the children can join in with such as the three little pigs or a hairy maclary book.  Also a simple song like the wheels on the bus which they can act out.  Don �t try to be too adventurous with the theme.  Remember it is all new to children of that age.  Keep to themes such as my body, colours, shapes, numbers, farm animals etc.  There must be constant interaction because their attention span is very short at that age especially when in a group.  Try to respod to their comments positively - even when they say crazy things.
Most importantly of all enjoy the class and show the children and the adults present that you are having fun!

29 Dec 2010     

Bahrain
Bahrain

the easiest for this age are these topics:
Numbers- colors- body parts-senses- my house .

29 Dec 2010