Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Feedback    

Feedback

nombasa
South Africa

Feedback

I hope you are all managing to get some rest, relaxation and space over the holidays.  Now that I have some space to think, I was thinking about some of the many problems that we as a community have helped people with over this last year.  It would be great to hear about how these problems have been resolved (or not). 
Much love
Jenny

29 Dec 2010      

zailda
Brazil

You see, every time I ask a question I rush to see the answers as soon as I get home from work - and to thank the ones who helped me.

It seems some teachers ask for help just because they �re too busy to take the time and search themselves, because they never have the time to return to tell us if our answers helped them, so I �m not sure about the right answer for your question.

Of course many members give us feedback and it is rewarding. I �m not a vindictive person but if I answer a thread and get no answer it �ll be the last time I answer the person �s thread. I know, I �m evil, I won �t answer even if I know an answer that �ll help the person.

Well, I �m not that bad, but I don �t like:

- to be taken for granted (aren �t you here to answer MY questions and solve MY problems? - I can do that but it isn �t the main purpose of my life.)

- to be fooled (some are only appearing at the forum to indirectly advertize their work - that sometimes happens to be a copy - unbelievable!)

- impolite people (Mom taught me almost a century ago to say "thank you" every time someone gives me something or does something for me. Of course I understand that this rule must be outdated but I refuse updating my manners. Old people are usually too used to their ideas and beliefs to change...)

Am I wrong? Almost sure that I am, but I have many things to do and as an old lady I think it won �t be appropriate to take part in some games people like to play on the forum.

I �m not talking about "word of the day" because it has a purpose and everybody has fun, but in the cases I �m talking about we waste our time and only the member who started the thread has fun, or laughs at us.

Happy New Year! 

29 Dec 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Confused err I must �ve missed something. Anyway
@Zailda: you?? an old lady??? Impossible!! Hug

29 Dec 2010     

ellakass
Israel

@Zailda: you are 100% right." Thank you" is so easy to say but it means so much. Zailda, you so often "change" your dress on your avatar that we don �t beleive you are not a young girl. And I feel I"wear" the same clothes too much time...

29 Dec 2010     

nombasa
South Africa

I hadn �t intended stirring up a hornet �s nest, just reflecting on some of the issues that we have faced this year.  I know that people often don �t have time to report back and often when the pressure is off they forget what a stressed time they had.  So I had just thought if people had time during the vacation it would be nice to hear some of their follow up stories.

I am thinking of the teacher who had another unwelcome teacher appear frequently in her class, the teacher who had an obnoxious pupil and body guard, the teacher who had gone for an interview etc.

These are genuine issues which - perhaps I am nosy but I would love to hear how they went.

Regards
Jenny

29 Dec 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

I got a lot of insights from teachers helping me to understand some special ed kids and got some practical tips and advice as well. idthemagicman helped me see if some expressions were truly British. Others, like greni, uatike and Cortney, helped find pen-palls for my kids. ONe teacher from Poland engaged my students in an interesting postcard exchange. Many of you shared interesting links.

29 Dec 2010