Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Our Community Is In A Good Health !!!    

Our Community Is In A Good Health !!!

sruggy
Morocco

Our Community Is In A Good Health !!!

Hi everybody,
I was so pleased that the topic  was raised again. "What is eslprintables for? " It seems to me that each time we have to start from scratch. It is always about the rules and purposes.I guess that ,by asking the question  "What is an ESL resource?"  , Frenchfrog marks a turning point in the life of our community. It is crystal clear that numerous contributions are simply not esl materials. Some members choose the easiest way to get points.What�s worse,other "members" are just passive consumers.Once they become premuim members,they stop sending contributions.Well, Frenchfrog as well as the other members made it clear :
I am always ready to help,but you have to help me too!!!
For all of us, sharing means give and take. I�ve always been hopeful and this makes me feel that our community is in a good health.The proof is that many members reacted as soon as the topic was raised.

Happy aid Aladha for muslims.
                                                                                                                    Merry Christmas for chritians

8 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

I do believe that pictures and borders with work our is a wonderful idea.  We should be giving our students the whole package to inspire their creativity and interest.

However to only upload a frame or a picture with no teaching ideas or activities attached does not make it an esl printable.

some people complain that they are not able to create the great printables that everyone loves to download, therefore they need to cheat to get their points.  I say to this: ESL printables is a sharing website.  If you can�t create something worth sharing then go find a free website - there are plenty of them out there! alternatively ask for help to create something - there are great tutorials on this website to help you. 

I am truly not an altruistic person.  I love getting feedback on my work, I love to see that people download my work, I love the satisfaction of knowing I have helped someone.  I joined this community to help people who help themselves.  So if you are willing to work on your own contributions - I am happy to help you.  If you jsut want something for nothing - go find a free website that gives everything away - I am happy to recommend a whole lot of top quality ones for you.

8 Dec 2008     

demeuter
Belgium

I agree with sruggy. Something else, before  1 of the members wrote that premium members are sometimes  lazy. I don�t think so but it isn�t always possible to send a printable every day. Making a good worksheet takes lots of time. If you really enjoy teaching you know that it�s important to give the knowledge so that students don�t forget what they learn at school. That�s why giving and taking is important (sruggy). I don�t like that some people follow the easy way to get points.  If you need borders and items like that there are addresses you can go to.

8 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

I� m really happy that the issue of esl materials was raised on the forum. Frenchfrog you made great points and I agree with you. I� m so tiered of people who upload a frame, a coloring sheet, a scanned picture and they call it esl worksheet. Hopefully people read the conditions of this site before they agreed to become members. There�s no question about it. If you upload a frame, that�s neither your work nor esl material.

Something that really upsets me is when people download a frame or a picture. It�s sad to see that a frame can be downloaded a lot more than a valuable and useful worksheet that doesn�t have fancy colors and pictures.

Could it be a good idea to have a place on the forum, where people write links to frames, pictures, esl sites?

Those people who are only interested in accumulating points by uploading useless pictures and without contributing with real esl work do not belong in this site.

As it has been said before, there are many other esl sites around where they can download for free without needing to contribute at all.

Kindest regards

8 Dec 2008