Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The WOD for Wednesday has been changed!!!!!!!!!!!    

The WOD for Wednesday has been changed!!!!!!!!!!!

chud
Israel

The WOD for Wednesday has been changed!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok,

Forget "pycnic"! Bad choice. I �m sorry.

A new WOD is -

cancatervate

What does it mean for you!

Looking forward to your daffynitions.

29 Dec 2010      

imanito
Morocco

that �s what a lazy stoned college student would say when asked to use the modal verb can in an interrogative sentence:
"can  cat  er....be ......er... vate?" Ermm "Awesome dude!"

29 Dec 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

It �s the act of putting a cantankerous student into the cellar and locking him up for the rest of the day, and, in really bad cases, for the night.

It �s something every parent and every teacher is entitled to do once a week, a basic right that is guaranteed in the international UN teacher �s charta after having been fought for for many generations.

Cancatervating students (or your own kids, I �ve got a couple of candidates here) is an act of self-defence, a fight for survival for parents and teachers.

29 Dec 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Can
Cat
Erva-te

a delicacy for the now extinct tribes of indigenous Antarctic circus whale trainers
These were hardy folk indeed, able to survive on the meager-est diet and to train massive whales to perform stunning tricks of dexterity under the big top.

their favourite dish; feline stew in a can, warmed under a whale �s buttock and served with Portuguese grass (erva) but ther �s an a missing, nevermind, the theory was good up until then...

CAN- CAT- ERVA- ATE = The point in which one of the tribe describes the last time he ate the delicacy.

29 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Wikepedia says that the  can can; is a high-energy and physically demanding music hall dance, traditionally performed by a chorus line of female dancers who wear costumes with long skirts, petticoats, and black stockings. The main features of the dance are the lifting up and manipulation of the skirts, with high kicking and suggestive, provocative body movements.

Cancatervaate.... There once was a cat named Erva that was taught  dance the can can..Due to the cat �s physiology the can can as done by Erva was not quite right albeit very entertainning as far as dancing cats go. But to this day any lady trying to perform the can can and who cannot get those legs quite up there, is said to cancatervaate. To dance the can can as Erva an did.

29 Dec 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Ok, I �m going to ask this at risk of being called a dummy! LOL!!! Just kidding, but I definitely AM NOT a computer expert, very far from it! Ed... how can I save your cute dancing kitty and have it still move? I tried saving the image, but when I opened it, it �s just a normal pic. =(

30 Dec 2010