Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > PASSIVE CONSUMERS     

PASSIVE CONSUMERS

Suzanne O
United States

Hello fellow Printables Users,

I�ve been teaching business English and ESP for the last four years. In the spirit of individuality and targeting learners� specific needs, I�ve have lived, breathed and bled materials writing since day one. Maresia put me on to this site a couple of months ago, for which I�m very grateful and I have the following comments:

Firstly, as I am very impressed at the sophistication of much of the material, e.g. Frenchfrog, I very much want to follow the example and make my stuff beautiful, yet as already mentioned that takes time.

Secondly, I feel a little funny about contributing something that�s been contributed before, albeit differently. In other words, another handout on food vocabulary for example. So I do try to be somewhat discriminating about what I upload.

Like I said, I feel like I�ve been mass producing this stuff, and I�ve got a lot. I just need to sift through it all, pretty it up and send it through. I wouldn�t describe myself as passive. I hope that a printable a month can be enough, although I try to contribute more often.

I�ll work on making them more visually motivating, but my points are accumulating very slowly. I�m saving my current points for a rainy day.

Thanks for creating a nice community of teachers and have a merry Christmas.

Suzanne O

8 Dec 2008     

victor
Spain

I agree with Choli,

If users are required to send a contribution every X months, they will not try to make a good one, just one to solve the situation. We would have more stolen contributions, and more bandwith and disk space would be required in the web server.

8 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

another post gone array, what souded like a reasonable suggestion, after thinking about, as others have said would cause a lot of problems.

9 Dec 2008     

aclink
United States

I agree with Victor!!!! I don�t upload very often but when I do  it�s the best of my stuff.  If I was forced to upload often I would send in some of my stuff that is just OK.  People on this forum need to chill and stop trying to ploice each other all the time.  Like I tell my students  "who you should you worry about"  the answer is YOURSELF! Leave the rest of us alone!

11 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2