Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR    

WORD OF THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR

anitarobi
Croatia

WORD OF THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR

Dear friends, teachers and colleagues!

A thousand apologies for logging in this late in the day, but I was away the whole morning and had no idea I was the WOD winner. Let me make things right by posting the new word - the last one for 2010 (how fast the time flies):

YARBOROUGH

You know the rules - no definitions, no dictionaries, no encyclopaedias... just you and your over-active, most vivid, humorous and twisted imagination!

And since we �re on the subject of the year ending, I do wish you all a properous, motivating, challenging, wise (with just a twist of the reckless) and healthy 2011!!!!!!

Anita

31 Dec 2010      

t.gyorgyi
Hungary

Here �s my explanation:

yar - it �s almost a jar
bor - means wine in Hungarian
ough - almost ouch
You say ouch when you feel yarborough after you drink a lot of jars of wine at the party!

So be careful with wine today because tomorrow there will be a yarborough!
Wink

Hug
Georgiana

31 Dec 2010     

chud
Israel

YARBOROUGH that �s how a Russian speaking granny calls the wolf, when she �s trying to tell "The Little Red Riding Hood" tale to her English speaking grand-child.

YAR=gill
BOR=forrest/wood
OUGH=onomapeia of wolf �s howling

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FRIENDS!!!

31 Dec 2010     

stefemma
France

I guess Yarborough is the borough where people who don �t like anything live since they �re always saying "Yar! I don �t like this!"

Happy new year to all of you!!!

31 Dec 2010