Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Course for kids    

Course for kids

lilikar
Mexico

Course for kids

Hi everybody
Could you help me? I need to create a course for kids (6-12 y.o.) do you know any good book I could use in my course?
Thanks

6 Jan 2011      

gloriawpai
Brazil

Smile - Macmillan

6 Jan 2011     

rodrigoleao2005
Brazil

Try Happy House or Happy Street by Oxford University Press

6 Jan 2011     

cacucacu
Argentina

Hi!
I teach 9 year old and I use Happy Earth 2 (Oxford University Press). My children love it and I find it useul and it brings material from all over the Earth which is extremely interesting. This year I was introduced to the BACKPACK series by Pearson. I found it quite interesting especially the section where it deals with good human qualities such as respect, responsibility, friendship, etc.
I hope you find this information useful
Love from Argentina
Naty

6 Jan 2011     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

I wouldn �t use a book, I �d buy the Genki English system, and make simple worksheets to go with it (worksheets are probably available once you buy it.)

6 Jan 2011     

millmo
France

Hi

I use the I-SPY books by Julie Ashworth, oxford press. They have lesson plans, photocopyable worksheets, student activity books, CD �s etc to go with the course. It �s really good and adaptable. I use level one for 6  to 8 year old children depending on the level of english at the school.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

6 Jan 2011     

millmo
France

Here are some links for the I-SPY books. This is the syllabus summary: http://fds.oup.com/www.oup.com/pdf/elt/products/isyllabus1.pdf?cc=fr

I am not sure you will be able to access this if you are not registered on the OUP site. It is free to register and gives you access to free worksheets etc wich go with the course. http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/teachersites/i-spy/level1/?cc=fr

6 Jan 2011     

scampi
Spain

Hello

I teach all ages and the best I have found is Bugs World by Macmillan.  The resources are really complete, focuses alot on speaking and the kids love it!!

7 Jan 2011