Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day!!!    

Word of the Day!!!

tastybrain
Taiwan

Word of the Day!!!

Sorry, all, for the delay in getting a new WOD out. I �ve just fallen sick and didn �t log on yesterday! To make up for it, I �ve committed a good amount of time to find a word worthy of your attention. This is my first time to win, so I hope you like it! Thanks for choosing me!

Here �s the word:   sagittipotent

Enjoy!

As always, don �t look it up and/or post the real definition. We can all find it if and when we want! Besides, I �ll post the definition when I declare the winner.

8 Jan 2011      

Amandina
Switzerland

Dear tastybrain,

That �s easy:

sagitti stands for sagittarius

potent obviously stand for power

So it �s the inborn power of all the people born in the sign of the Sagittarius.

Cheers

Amandina

8 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

saggitti- sagitarius (the centaur)
potent- sexually capable

sagittipotent- potent as a horse (a real stud)--in a human kind of way.

8 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

SAGGITTIPOTENT.... Mmmm let �s see, could it be:

sagi = saggy (no longer in its place!)

tti = tea (beverage)

potent = powerful

SAGGITTIPOTENT = A powerful and delicious beverage to get all the sagginess back into place! (please be careful not to drink more than one cup a day, extremely powerful and might cause serious side effects, something like the fountain of youth! LOL)

8 Jan 2011     

tastybrain
Taiwan

I �m partial to douglas � answer, though I did like the other two as well! Good job, guys!

sagittipotent is an obsolete adjective which meant:

having great ability in archery

"Robin Hood was by far the most sagittipotent in all of Sherwood Forest, perhaps in all of England."

So douglas, I pass the mantle onto you. Hopefully, you �ll do a better job than I did! 

10 Jan 2011