Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help!    

help!

potentina
Spain

help!

Hi everyone,
I �m meeting my speaking class tomorrow and I want my students to talk about their xmas holidays or at least something about last xmas. The thing is that I don �t know what to do with them to make them talk, they are not very motivated specially after holidays and I think they are tired of talking about pictures, cards or any topic during a full hour. Do you know any game, song, video or even picture from which I can design the whole lesson? Thanks a lot and happy new year!

12 Jan 2011      

mapari
Spain

Hello Potentina,

I am new in this, and you are the first one to whom I contact. I am an English teacher and hope the way I started the English lessons after Xmas will help you.
First, I asked them to tell me the presents they received and I used this to make a reflection about the way presents had changed from last year to the recent one. This gave me the chance to use present tense and past tense, the comparative and some adjectives.

Good Luck!!! and Happy New Year!!!!

12 Jan 2011