Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for a short term project?    

Ideas for a short term project?

ironik
Australia

Ideas for a short term project?

Hello everyone, hope you �re having a nice weekend.

I �d like to get ideas from you for a short-term project. In my class (6th grade, age 11-12, pre intermediate) there are some students who got low grades and they want to improve their grades. I think I �ll give them a project for giving a make up grade but I �m outta ideas. Disapprove How you got any? Lamp

Thanks in advance! Star

Pelin

15 Jan 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

How about briefly retelling their favourite fairytale and illustrating it on poster... Or preparing a poster about a country they �d like to visit...

15 Jan 2011     

maryse pey�
France

what about making them write the dialogues of a short play on a theme they would choose ? I do this with some of my students and when they play their part in front of the parents or their friends they are very proud ! They may prepare some nice and simple decors, decide of their costume... These students are often surprising ! Some of them wrote �the colored garden � and the theme was the colors and the wh- words. It was done in only 8 little weeks. And it was a success...

16 Jan 2011     

ironik
Australia

anitarobi and maryse pey�, thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas. poster and acting are very good ideas, I �ll definitely use them. Since we �ve got only 2 weeks before the end of the semester, I �ll make them prepare their posters. And next semester I can make them write and act out a short play as well. :)

16 Jan 2011