Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sentimental granny    

Sentimental granny

Mariethe House
France

Sentimental granny

I just want to say thank you to those of you , colleagues from so many different countries who write comments about my work! You simply don �t know how happy it makes me! I think , as I am a retired teacher now, this is my only motivation for contihuing my participation on this site,as, I don �t need worksheets anymore!Smile
But seeing a comment from an ESL friend from Khazakstan,for example, and imagining litlle Khazakstan boys and girls working on my material, my heart rejoices and it really gives me a lovely warm feeling inside!Heart
So, thank you again all of you and may I blow a kiss in your direction, wherever you are for being the kind people you are!

23 Jan 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh Mariethe, your contributions are priceless!

And as for comments - isn �t it amazing to see how many of us from different parts of the world help each other and make each other want to be better teachers? Just this month I used a ppt from China, a ws from Poland, a ws from France, a board game idea from Germany, a ppt from Brazil etc. Sometimes I can �t even remember what flags I saw, because I look at contributions, not the origin.

23 Jan 2011     

CFM.maestro.ingles
Spain

Dear Mariethe, your contributions are of outstanding quality, so please keep on sharing them with us! I �m sure many teachers in the community agree with me.

Apart from this, I remember you helped me a lot in the forum, and I �m still grateful!

23 Jan 2011     

franknbea
United Kingdom

This is the site that keeps on giving, but only through the outstanding generosity and dedication of teachers such as yourself dear Marieth�. And you may say you �re retired but I disagree, as you are still teaching us all...
Teachers don �t retire- they just lighten their workload

23 Jan 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Dear little sister Marieth� you are an example to follow, for young teachers and for those who have some more years of experience in their curriculum. You are showing us that a teacher �s work never ends, as Frank has just said.
Hugs.
Mariannina

23 Jan 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Marieth�,

I am SO grateful for all the help that you have been to me!

Love.

Les

23 Jan 2011     

jhansi
India

I do agree with Franknbea that teachers  don �t retire. We have to learn from Mariethe,  at sixty her creation of mini books need a pat and I am sure all the teachers will be inspired with her work. There is no retirement for the teachers  because we always think and work  with the generations of children that. are rolling with us. . I am running a kindergarten  since 1969 ,when I was 28 years old and now I am seventy  and still looking after it with the modern generation of kids. So I am still learning and changing my approach towards them. I lea rent a lot from ESL and improved a lot my self.This is because of your encouragement  as Mariethe said. Thank you all my dear teachers!

23 Jan 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Th�rese

Here, only us, only grannies, .......thanks, thanks a bunch.

Teachers don �t retire, teachers change the place where they work, the way they work, the people they teach, the reason why they teache. We are teachers, we don �t stop doing what we have to. It �s in our blood.

Happy to have your advice always at hand, thanks for what you are.

Bunch of kisses
Linda

23 Jan 2011     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hi Mariethe,
Thank you for everything you do. You �re "merveilleuse"!!!

23 Jan 2011     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Mariethe
Let me tell you that you �re unique. Simply because you �re retired and still contributing to help others who are still working. Above all your work gives a full bright image about you as an experienced and dedicated teacher.
Thanks a bunch for everything.

23 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Dear Mariethe..... TEACHERS ( I write this in capitals as a sign of respect) will ALWAYS  be teachers, I think, HAVE BEEN teachers from the moment they were born! This is not a profession you can just say, hey, mmm I think I �ll be a teacher! I think in this profession, there must be passion (which I see and can feel in your marvelous work) and most of all: LOVE! yep, you have to love what you do, and I can sense you do. And no, you �re not "retired", you simple now HAVE MORE TIME to put such a creative mind to work with resulting marvelous worksheets, so, keep up the great work!!!

Hugs!!!

24 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >