Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Life without Eslprintables. ( Please let Victor hear how we feel)    

Life without Eslprintables. ( Please let Victor hear how we feel)

blunderbuster
Germany

Being happy is one thing, scaring others is another.....

Anyway, the reactions to these postings by various members were not really that many....so, what does this tell me?

Tatyana83, it doesn �t bother me that you seem to think I am a man, what bothers me is how you generalize women and how they handle their emotions.

31 Jan 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

There was a party organized by students from my school who will leave us in the summer and go to university (they start celebrating long before their final exams) last Friday.

There was a lot of aggression at this public party in a large pub in town, and after 1 in the morning a 20-year-old young man was stabbed to death by a 17-year-old.

This is NOT New York or some other large city with a lot of crime, but a small country town, rural surroundings, peaceful life in Germany - eh - Turkmenistan.
This morning, first and second lesson,I had to deal with students that were absolutely shell-shocked, mute, speechless. They were even unable to utter their needs for the 90 minutes our lessons lasted  .... now THAT is a real tragedy.
Puts things into perspective for me.

31 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Well, I seem to have opened a can of worms....anyway, I was not raised taking myself all too seriously, but "the pretty type", now, that is something to take offence to. Geek

I guess I am the type of woman that doesn �t want to get a job because someone needs to fill a quota, living up to a cliche, what a waste of one �s potential.

31 Jan 2011     

Nebal
Lebanon

Oh come on, Blunderbuster, you know that I meant only good intentions. Calling someone "pretty" is a good compliment, in my opinion. So, I really hope you didn �t take it negatively.

Elderberrywine, I was honestly shocked to know all about your class�s tragedy. It�s very depressing and disappointing when happy moments end up in tragedies. Such a story happened last year in my country. A bunch of sts. went hunting together, thinking they were having fun. It all turned out a big tragedy when one shot his friend by mistake . They were in the same class. One went to jail and the other went to the underworld. Life is sooooooooooooooooooo weird and at times place some where they don�t belong or where they didn�t intend to .
I read you at the cafe too, and I was so much moved. Acting in such a situation needs a lot of wisdom and patience, and I guess the student who whispered in your ears said it all. You acted the right way.  So sorry!!

31 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I have a very dry sense of humor.....almost undetectable. You could have meant so many things, I didn �t really think about what you did mean all too much ;o) 

31 Jan 2011     

Nebal
Lebanon

MMMMMMMMMMMM, Blunderbuster, you didn �t think too much about it!!! Fineeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Then, I �ll pretend to think of it that way!!;)))

31 Jan 2011     

DTCF
Turkey

OH NO!
 HOW TERRIBLE IT IS TO BE MISUNDERSTOOD!!!
I am a male teacher (with a female heart)! I like to praise GOOD WORK ESPECIALLY THROUGH POEMS

Through praise we let  people know that we appreciate their efforts not just their accomplishments and that our love and acceptance is not dependent on their behavior. Praising people encourages them to keep going. It helps develop confidence and imparts a feeling of being loved, appreciated, and cared for

DEAR BLUNDERBUSTER,
THIS POEM GOES FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS HERE IN ESLPRINTABLES
I want to tell you "Thank you,"
But it doesn�t seem enough.
Words don�t seem sufficient--
"Blah, blah" and all that stuff.

Please know I have deep feelings
About your generous act.
I really appreciate you;
You�re special, and that�s a fact!

31 Jan 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

Well, dear DTCF in case you change your mind and want to make her angry, here�s a tip:  call her "Blunder"

Sorry, Regina. I just couldn�t resist, I have a very demi-sec sense of humor, almost undigestable.

31 Jan 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

we �ll soon be asking for photos of "pretty Blunder" ...

31 Jan 2011     

JulietaVL
Mexico

DTCF: Excellent poem, I like it a lot, thanks!

31 Jan 2011     

< Previous   1    2