Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP PLEASE: Problems with the downloaded files.    

HELP PLEASE: Problems with the downloaded files.

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

HELP PLEASE: Problems with the downloaded files.

I don�t know if it is just me, my computer or what the heck!!! But lately when i download a worksheet it appears in my pc as an unknown file and not as a word document.

When i try to open it, the name appears as follows:

soandsonameDOC e.g.: "facts of christmasdoc" and when i want to open it, my computer asks me if i really want to open it because it is an unknown file, and so i have to choose the program i need to open this with.�

Once i choose WORD, the file DOES OPEN, but i have to save it again in WORD so as not to have the same problem again.

Has anyone else had the same problem? It only appears to be with this site, because in other places where i can download pdf, e.g., i have no problem at all.

I hope I had explained my problem clearly so that somebody can give me a clue of what the problem might be.

Ta everyone!!! [See! I have been paying atention to the discussions ;) ]

Aldana

9 Dec 2008      

eng789
Israel

I had the same problem and I think it is just too many people trying to upload at one time.

Be patient and try again later.  If it still doesn�t work,  save your work again with a new name and make sure it is a .doc document.

Good luck from one who knows how frustrating it can be.

9 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Thanks for the sentiment�eng789Israel!!!!!!!!!

Thanks as well for the attempt�stexstmeFrance!!!!!!!!!

I will love to hear if somebody else has had the same problem....maybe Victor can do something to solve the situation (poor victor, yet another request for him!!!)

I will wait around to see if this glitch is solved...before i attempt to download anything else, because it could be quite a time-consuming nuisance to track down all the files, and open them and save them againg in WORD!!!

Thanks�

Aldana

9 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Aldana,

That used to happen to me but a technitian fixed the problem. I don�t remember  what he did, but I think that you can do sthg in the program about it.

9 Dec 2008     

freddie
Canada

Sorry I�m no help because I�ve not had any problem downloading though some difficulties uploading .

9 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Hey again�stexstmeFrance,

I think that he did understand me, but his explanation was that too many people uploading things in the system somehow affect the dowloading...or at least that�s what i understood ;)

Thanks again

9 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Is it just me or was that a typo?

soandsonameDOC e.g.: "facts of christmasdoc"

where�s the dot (".")

it should read:
soandsoname.DOC e.g.: "facts of christmas.doc"

It sounds simple but try adding the dot.

When the "save as" screen appears and you enter the title you want (in this case "facts of Christmas") you must make sure that it ends in ".doc".

Damielle, I hope you didn�t pay the guy.

9 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

HEY�kevinwolfendenChile!!! i�M ACTUALLY A GAL, LoL (I don�t know why my name sounds "male" for english speaking folks) It�s a combination of Alda and Ana and it means "one with a long life"

And Damielle is not to blame for my example�LOL...it so happens that i was trying to download that worksheet when my problem arose...

And re your comment; no, it is not a typo...that�s how it comes up after i have downloaded the worksheets...I write one name and it appears like that on its own...

Thanks for your suggestion, though...I�ll try it to see if the problem gets fixed

CHEERS

9 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Well, I don�t know HOW I COULD HAVE BEEN SO STUPID!!!!!!!!

KEVIN was actually correct in his suggestion...i guess i didn�t think about that before because i used to download the files directly without needing to add .doc to them.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

BYE FOR NOW

ALDANA

9 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Aldana,

"I hope you didn�t pay the guy" was a reference to damielle�s post about the�technician.

9 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

UPS, MY BAD!!!!!

SO SORRY...I understood you meant that Damielle had paid me for advertising her worksheet, but think of it again...the worksheet i mentioned did not belong to Damielle (double ups!!!)�LOL

Well, thanks anyway for all your help!!!

LOVE

aldana

10 Dec 2008