Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of the Word of the Day - kakidrosis    

Winner of the Word of the Day - kakidrosis

MarionG
Netherlands

Winner of the Word of the Day - kakidrosis

Thank you all for playing! It was great to see some new people joining the game! The definitions were a lot of fun. Ed, yours was well motivated and convincing, and Douglas, yours really had me laugh. I liked the persimmon size warts and learned something new about early Christianity after reading about St. Drosis....

But... The winner of today �s word of the day is...     Clap uatike Clap
This was the winning definition of the word kakidrosis:

Mothers like their newborn babies very much especially if they were looking forward to having a baby for many years. They appreciate at the baby �s first smile, first cry , first sleep. Even they like the first shit on the diaper. The first shit that the newborn baby "created" is called KAKIDROSIS in my language ( it is a big lie :)) ) It means "the roses of kid"....It smells like roses for the mum It is a compound word, but changed a litte through the years.
KAKI : It means shit in Turkish. In fact it is "kaka" but the little children say in this way "kaki"
KID : you already know it :) child
ROSIS : it was ROSES but years didn �t behave well to this word so it became ROSIS.

SO It means "the roses of the kid"....

The real meaning of the word �kakidrosis � is �n. secretion of malodorous perspiration �
Teaching 6th grade after Phys. Ed. is horrible, some of the boys have a severe case of kakidrosis, I could hardly breathe in there!

Thank you all for playing...

1 Feb 2011      

uatike
Turkey

Hello everybody Smile

It is an honor for me to be winner of the WOD. 

It is really educative and enjoyable for me to be a member of this big family. Everyday I visit here and learn a lot.
Thanks to everybody.

The new WOD is coming soon...

Hugs
Atike

1 Feb 2011