Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Martin Luther King    

Martin Luther King

zeina monzer
Lebanon

Martin Luther King

hello everyboby,
 I am teaching my students about discrimination and we �re discussing racial discrimination and talking about Martin Luther King.
what i want is a name of a movie that talks about racial discrimination 
thanks in advance

1 Feb 2011      

libertybelle
United States

Mississippi Burning
In the heat of the night

There are lots of documentary films about MLK

1 Feb 2011     

FunWithWords
India

The Hurricane (1999)
starring Denzel Washington

1 Feb 2011     

Wake
Spain

In Victus

1 Feb 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

You �ll find a fairly comprehensive list on racism-related movies here from Wikipedia (perhaps you �ve already checked it). I recognise most, but not all, of these films and some (like �White Chicks �, for example) rely on different racial/ethnic perspectives primarily for humorous purposes.

By the way, many of the films of the English director, Ken Loach ( �Ae Fond Kiss � on the list), deal with different and equally repugnant forms of discrimination.

PS Invictus�, Alberto. 
(it means �undefeated�)

1 Feb 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Try googling Rosa Parks, an icon.

1 Feb 2011     

Marajeck
Brazil

I have a worksheet in my documents. You can download it. It�s about Rosa Parks. And a good movie  is "CRASH on limit"  That�sa grea movie about discrimination. 

2 Feb 2011     

cacucacu
Argentina

Invictus is the best in my opinion, besides the leading actors are very well known to students Matt Damon (the Bourne Ultimatum) and Morgan Freeman. What �s more they are exposed to a different accent, that from South Africa. I just loved it when I watched it myself.
Morgan freeman plays the role of Mandela another great contemporary black leader just like Martin Luther king. 
If you are also interested in reading a lovely poem conected with tolerance plase look for "The Box of Crayons". If you want, I can send to you and to all other collegues who want to deal with this value.
Love from Argentina
Naty

2 Feb 2011     

Mr V
Thailand

If your students are above the age of sixteen I would recommend District 9. It is an action packed sci-fi movie and it �s based on the history of South Africa and the apardheid times. Invictus is not too bad either.

2 Feb 2011