Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Any teachers in Egypt that can give us an update of the situation?    

Any teachers in Egypt that can give us an update of the situation?

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Any teachers in Egypt that can give us an update of the situation?

I and Im sure many others would be interested to hear direct from people experiencing the Egyptian uprising  rather than watching on tv.

4 Feb 2011      

mahaenglish
Egypt

Hello,
         We are here in Egypt live a normal life we arenot afraid of anything some people are continuing protests and there is no violence against them as many channels claim. They are the only ones who make clashes  but most of us agree that they are wrong. Our president (Mubarak )said �I will die on the soil of Egypt ."We all respect his words and respect him and his history and these are our ethics. Thank you for asking and caring about as and we are asking all of you to pray for our country.
                                                                                      Thanks

4 Feb 2011     

lamyaa
Egypt

dawnmain: thanx for ur concern dear, we are fine thank God , our life is normal so far, we watch the news like u do , and we pray :)

one good thing came out of all this, i made lots of friends here and am so happy for that, i  hope it lasts and i wish our friendship would be stronger :)

maha:PM

4 Feb 2011     

sweet hannah
Egypt

Thanks for asking. I �m not from Cairo and the conditions in my city are normal ; the only difference is closing the shops at night. Even my relatives in Cairo and Alexandria are telling me that life in their places are next to normal.
I feel sorry for my GREAT Country. I don �t agree with many of Mubarak policies but I do want him to stay in our country till the last day of his life. We need to give the vice president and the prime minister a chance. I do believe that we- Egyptians - can do miracles and rebuild our nation.
If I am to address all protesters : stop and go back to work to make up for the daily losses we are facing. 

Pray for us
Thanks

4 Feb 2011     

mahaenglish
Egypt

Thank you sweet hannah . Your words touch the hearts of the honest Egyptians who really love their great country. Many Thanks( delicious hannah) Clap.

4 Feb 2011     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Well, this is exactly why we need to have your comments because we are only being shown scenes of chaos and given the impression that ALL Egypt is against Mubarak. It is always interesting and often very shocking to see how manipulating the media is, even in so-called democratic and fair countries such as UK.  I remember during the height of the war in Iraq watching completely different images here in Spain to those shown in UK. 

I hope Egypt gets back to peace soon.

4 Feb 2011     

mahaenglish
Egypt

Words are mirrors of human life . Thanks for your nice words .

4 Feb 2011     

Nebal
Lebanon

Thanks Dawnmain for starting this thread!! I was really wondering about the real image there.

To all my dear Egyptian friends, I dearly wish your country peace and salvation. We �re all feeling for you and are mesmerized in front of the TV. I was really shocked to hear that you �re living your everyday life normally.On the contrary,  I thought that the mess is widespread. Thanks for goodness you �re well.  Always praying for you !!!

God bless Egypt and its wonderful people!!:)))))
FRom cloudy Lebanon,
Nebal

4 Feb 2011     

sweet hannah
Egypt

Thanks for your nice words , Maha. Hope you �re fine.
 I believe media manipulates people greatly. I am not saying that we are excellent but I just need to stress that Egypt is not only Eltahrir Square. Hope things calm down soon. True Egyptians don �t want that devastation.
Nebal, Thanks for your concern and keep praying.

4 Feb 2011     

mahaenglish
Egypt

I totally agree with you sweet hannah.Thank you Nebal and thanks to all our friends here. Don �t worry about us. Egyptian people are strong and will always be strong. keep prayingThumbs Up

4 Feb 2011     

amanytharwat
Egypt

hi everybody,

Thanks for your concern and I totally agree with you sweet hanna . Your first words are exactly what I feel but I am afraid since there is no focus on  those who support  that everything should go on peacefully and take its time . The Media concentrate only on the protest and their rights, what about the other 80 million Egyption? 

4 Feb 2011