Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help, plz!    

Help, plz!

Mar0919
Mexico

Help, plz!

Hello everybody!!! Need your help again! Some time ago, a colleague posted this link where you can create your own short movies. But... does anyone know if there is a way you can SAVE the file of the movie you �ve made? There is only an option to send the movie to someone �s email, but that �s it.

I �d like to have my students make their own movie, following a certain grammar structure, but I want them to be able to save it so we can see them in class. The email copy is not an option since we have no Internet at school.

http://www.dvolver.com/live/moviemaker.html

Hope someone can help!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

6 Feb 2011      

starrr
Brazil

STUDENTS MUST SEND THE STORIES THEY DID TO THEIR OWN E-MAILS.. IT IS THE ONLY OPTION U HAVE..THEY CAN SEND THE STORIES FOR THEIR OWN E-MAILS AND OPEN IT LATER OPENING THEIR OWN E-MAILS AND HAVING ACCESS TO THE MOVIE FILE.. DVOLVER WILL BE OPENED AND THEY CAN WATCH THE MOVIE..THIS TASK CANNOT BE DONE OUTSIDE INTERNET SO SORRY...THEY MUST THEN DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM THAT CAPTURES AND SAVES THOSE MOVIES AND THEY MUST TRANSFORM THE FILES IN MOVIE FILES THEY CAN SAVE IT USING THOSE PROGRAMS AND PASS THE STORIES IN ANY TV LATER.

WWW.DOWNLOAD.COM
WWW.BAIXAKI.COM.BR
WWW.SUPERDOWNLOADS.COM

OR OTHERS WEB SITES HAVE LOTS OF THIS KIND OF PROGRAMS

MAKE THEM DO A RESEARCH ONLINE ABOUT "PROGRAMS THAT CAPTURE MOVIES ONLINE".  MY STUDENTS DID IT USING SIMPLE CONVERSORS AND CAPTURERS OF MOVIES ONLINE.

BUT THEY HAVE USED THE OPTION TO SEND THE FILE THEY DID ON DVOLVER IN THEIR E-MAILS ADDRESSES. WITH THE LINK THEY COULD GO BACK TO DVOLVER AND WATCH THEIR STORIES AND USED THE PROGRAM OPENED TO RECORD AND SAVE THE MOVIES THEY DID.

TRY IT OUT! THERE ARE LOTS OF PROGRAMS THAT DO THIS TASK VERY WELL AND EASILY.GOOD LUCK

6 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Starrr... thank you for your response! What I had in mind was that they �d send me their movies via email, and I �d save their files, then we could watch their movies in class. But as I  mentioned, my school does not have Internet in the classrooms. Yes, I had heard about programs to convert the movies, but it sounds soooooooo complicated for me (LOL!!!) .... but thank you so much for taking the time to respond!!

Hugs,

Mar

6 Feb 2011