Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for activities with finger puppets (jobs)    

Ideas for activities with finger puppets (jobs)

marykate
Spain

Ideas for activities with finger puppets (jobs)

Hello everybody!!  Smile

I need your help and ideas. I �m creating a unit about jobs for children between 7-8 years old. At the end of the unit I have to create a "Final Task" in which my students have to put into practice all the knowledge, vocabulary, structures,... carried out throughout the development of the unit. This Final Task should be motivating for the children.  I want to use in the Final Task some finger puppets about different jobs, so that �s the idea, but I need more.... what activities can I create? In which way? etc ... Thanks in advance!!! Wink

10 Feb 2011      

maryse pey�
France

why not make them do a funny frame for their finger puppet show ?

Then write with them short dialogues like :

�Hello, my name �s John. I �m a lawyer. What �s your name and what �s your job ? �
�Nice to meet you John. My name is Laetitia and I �m a nurse. I work in the public hospital and I have to wear a white coat. Where do you work and what do you usually wear when you work ? �...

Make them play this in front of other classes.

You could make them write a text about their parents � job describing their clothes (a protective helmet for example), the necessary �tools � (hammer, screwdriver... comb, brush, hair dryer...), the place where they work (the public hospital, the library...). Short descriptive text with the advantages and disadvantages of the job they would read in front of their friends who finally ask questions at the end.

Hope this will help you for getting more ideas.

10 Feb 2011