Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Error Correction    

Error Correction

sp.watson
Thailand

Error Correction

Hi guys,

I have to facilitate a professional development session on "correcting student errors" in a couple of weeks.
I �d really appreciate any comments, suggestions or material that anyone has that may stimulate my creative juices.

Cheers,

Si.

11 Feb 2011      

baiba
Latvia

Check these sites

http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/think/articles/error-correction-1

http://www.usingenglish.com/teachers/articles/well-balanced-use-error-correction.html

11 Feb 2011     

carinaluc
Argentina

Send me a PM with your email address, I have a handout that you may find useful.

Hugs

Carina

11 Feb 2011     

puddyd
Oman

HIya, send me your email and I �ll send you some notes or you could also look at these worksheets.I�m not advertising just merely helping .I can also send them to you via your email too

11 Feb 2011     

keanes
Canada

Simple ways to correct students are always the best. Also, if you are teaching in a country in Asia, such as China, it �s important not let the student you are correcting �lose face �.

For example, if the student says something like, �I hate banana �, you can reply by saying, �Oh, you hate bananas? � and place the emphasis upon the plural S sound. That way the student will pick up on the mistake while the others moght not. Simple things work best.

13 Feb 2011