Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Comment on one of my worksheets    

Comment on one of my worksheets

profesoringles
Spain

Comment on one of my worksheets

Hello everybody,

I�m writing this message just to let you know how disappointed I feel because of one comment I got today about one of my worksheets.

The person that downloaded it told me that he/she didn�t like it because he/she "evaluated them professionaly".

I�ve just written a personal e-mail to that "teacher" telling him/her to be more respecful with other people�s time and work. It took me more than two hours to make up that worksheet and I think I didn�t deserve such an impolite comment.

That person has every right not to like what I do, I can perfectly understand that. The only thing I ask him/her is to think twice next time before leaving a comment.

All users here devote our time to make other colleagues�  jobs easier. That�s why I want everybody to know what has happened. Thank you for your attention and your valuable work.

Merry Christmas from Spain.

10 Dec 2008      

Mariethe House
France

I have just had a look at your ws!! They�re perfectly fine to my eyes!
I hope this " professional " teacher doesn�t look at mine!!
Cheer up ! Some people ike being negative!
M TH

10 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

I don�t think you should worry about a person who writes (and I quote) "I don`t like ws, I evaluate them professionaly"�

I don�t really know what type of PROFESSIONAL evaluation he/she may do with those grammar mistakes �Dead(No offense!! We all make mistakes -me included- but you need to keep a humble attitude in life, and this person seems to think he/she is superior to us all)�
Who is this person and what is the degree that enables him/her to professionally evaluate things?
What�s more, the message is not clear at all, what does she/he mean?�

You should focus on your work instead, because you are doing a great job!!! I�ve had a look at your worksheet and i really liked it. THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK

CHEERS

ALDANA

10 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

I really like your stuff :-) I know who you are talking about and this person has been mentioned a few times (once by me) as leaving rude personal messages as well. I think the best bet would be to ignore such a rude and unkind person who I thinks that she is way above everybody else. Maybe she needs a worksheet on expressing oneself in a considerate and caring manner? I would not waste any time worrying about her comment. Everyone can see how useful and good your worksheets are. :-)

10 Dec 2008     

firstime
France

I had a look at it. I don�t understand this statement, nor the criticism on your WS. But I understand that you have been hurt. I would have been too.
I�ve left a comment on two or three WS without downloading them, but it was because it wasn�t in English, and I haven�t been that rude (I hope so...Unhappy).
Now see the positive side of this sad thing: I�m going to download your WS Big smile.
Have a nice day!

10 Dec 2008     

anatavner
Israel

I am a PROFESSIONAL teacher and I think that your pages are not just good they are GREAT!!!!! I tried some of them on my pupils and they LOVED them!!!!!!  They are NOT boring and they are done beautifully - grammar-wise and pretty-wise!!!!
So - DON�T pay attention to that professional!!!!!  

10 Dec 2008     

Akanah
Spain

I can�t get this teacher. She also wrote a comment on one of my WS telling me she would have download it if it weren�t in color. She thinks color is not important to teach, and IT IS important to estimulate young kids. She could have printed it in B&W...

I took a look at your WSS and they look good 2 me, I can�t see this Teacher�s point with that rude message on your work.

Regards from sunny (by now) M�laga

10 Dec 2008     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi prefesoringles

I think the comment speaks by itself.

This person says "I don�t like ws" , which I do not understand as I can see she/he has her/his owns so it means she/he makes and uses them, thus she/he does like them.

Shouldn�t she/he have said "I don�t like your ws"?   Wink

The pot calling the kettle black?

10 Dec 2008     

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

I�ve spent my last premium point to DL your beautiful WS)))I think I will use it today)It is very useful! and you shouldn�t pay your attention to such peolpe who just envy your popularity! Even if i don�t like something I really appreciate people�s time and effort to do smth and to help!And your WS is fabulous!!! So don�t worry and keep on working

10 Dec 2008     

atsitab
Portugal

Hi! I agree with you! Professionally?  How does this person evaluate his / her worksheet about a clown (take a look at it!)?  It�s a scanned drawing!!! Take a look at it! 

10 Dec 2008     

demeuter
Belgium

I am also a professional teacher for many years now. Sometimes it�s important to have a worksheet in colour. For students with difficulties (dyslexia) it�s easier to remember because of the colour. They have difficulty with reading and writing because of a  slight disorder of their brain. 

How do I know well ..... I�m a Remedial Teacher so if students have difficulties with some topics they come to me. I help them and .... I use colourful worksheets. . If you take a look at the worksheets you�ll they are also colour.

Your worksheet is great.

Karina

10 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >