Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > help please! lesson plan ideas to teach house and furniture unit    

help please! lesson plan ideas to teach house and furniture unit

martaoliveira
Portugal

help please! lesson plan ideas to teach house and furniture unit

Dear collegues, I need your help. I �m going to start house and furniture unit, and I don �t know what to do, specially when I �m going to be evaluated. This class will be next monday so, I realy need your urgent help. I would like to do something nice and diferent. Any suggestions?
thanks a lot.

16 Feb 2011      

jeseck
United States

The website below has a lot of lessons for basic Interior Design lessons - just scroll down when you are on the web site

Also there is a lessons below - depending on how much time you have  - the project below is great fun for all involved but it is a lot of work.  - You can either just have students do concept boards or actually get the school involved and have a contest of the best project to be completed. I have had my students do various levels  - some years they only have time to do the concept boards  - but the project still ends up great!!

Interior Design and Housing Makeover Project
Grade Level - 9-12
Lesson Plan Title: Interior Design Final Makeover Project
Concept / Topic To Teach: Interior Design 
Design Fundamentals
General Goal(s): The students will complete a redesign project in school using the fundamentals of design
Apply the elements and principles of design and color to housing
Specific Objectives:
Summarize the elements and principles of design
Create color schemes for housing interiors and exteriors
Apply the elements and principles of design
Required Materials:
Paint schemes
Supply lists
Paint supplies
Paint
Brushes
Tarps
Clean up materials

Anticipatory Set (Lead-In):
The teacher will provide student with supplies i.e. paint and brushes to practice painting techniques on boards for display in the classroom.
The teacher will provide the budget available for the project to the students and the time frame available.
The students will select an area in the school as the make over project.
The students will divide into teams and make proposals for the job.

Step-By-Step Procedures:
Select room.
Conduct interviews with school personnel.
Estimate prices.
Create outline of job.
Conduct phone calls.
Purchase supplies.
Set up time schedule.
Set up work schedule.
Provide samples of proposed color scheme.
Provide list of all elements and principles of design being used and time line of completion.
Schedule final project inspection (reception) inviting teachers and school personnel to view final project.
Plan For Independent Practice:
Each student will submit a plan to the leader of the group for discussion using the elements and principles of design.
Each student will be actively involved in selection of final decision.
Open classroom discussion on each plan will allow for possible combination of plans for project.

Closure (Reflect Anticipatory Set):

Assessment Based On Objectives:
Students will complete the chosen project using all elements and principles of design listed in the standards above.
Students will evaluate the work they did and the work of their partners according to the standards listed above.

Adaptations (For Students With Learning Disabilities):
Students with learning disabilities will be paired up with others to complete the assignments.
Students will be working in pairs with consideration to the disability they have.

Extensions (For Gifted Students):
Gifted students will be responsible for the planning and documentation of the responsibilities of each individual.
Students will be chosen to lead the project.
Students will conduct interviews with local store owners and suppliers in town and present the information to the class. Price comparison.
Students will collect samples of paint, fabric, and supplies needed.

Possible Connections To Other Subjects:
Other Vocational classes, which will also use the elements and principles of design.
These vocational students will be able to assist with the hands on part of the project and will be able to provide the needed manual labor that the Interior Design students would not be able to perform.
Architecture
Carpentry
Welding
Construction
Foods and Nutrition (for planning of reception)

Note: The students truly loved doing this. They had true hands on experience. There are always a few kinks to work out but the concept worked well. The class contained students with disadvantages as well as gifted. They were able to pull together and complete the project without any conflict over abilities.

16 Feb 2011     

martaoliveira
Portugal

thanks for your help! but my students are a 5th grade, and the lesson is 90 �. I need something more simple.
thanks.

16 Feb 2011