Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Eid el Adha    

Eid el Adha

gilorit
Israel

Eid el Adha

My dear Muslim friends.
I would appreciate it if you could send me some worksheets on Eid el Adha.
December is The Holiday of Holidays and I wish to teach my students about the different holidays: Hanukkah, Christmas and Eid el Adha.
Thank you
Orit

10 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

What a great idea orit.

I would love to see a reading on this topic - I know nothing about it at all!

It was a piece of information I didn�t know I didn�t know.  Now it has progressed into the I know I don�t know category. thank you

10 Dec 2008     

gilorit
Israel

There are no ws in the site on it. I took some information from Wikipedia.

In Haifa, where I live, there is a festival of the 3 main religions every year. It is really nice.

I usually decorate one wall in school in the spirit of The Holiday of Holidays in December.

Orit

10 Dec 2008     

spring
Turkey

Hi my dear Orit,
I haven�t got any worksheet about this topic.But I can give you some info.
Muslim people have 2 religious festivals.
One of them is Ramadan
People fast for 30 days in Ramadan.
Muslims do not eat or drink anything from true dawn until sunset. Fasting is meant to teach the person patience, sacrifice and humility.
Ramadan is known as the Sultan of the 11 months.
And Second one is Festival Of Sacrifices.(here in Turkey we call it like this but Arabian countries call it Eid El Adha)
I didn�t know it.I learnt this term in here.This is one of the best things this site has add to me.-Learning new things-
The aim is commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim  (Abraham )to sacrifice his son Ishmael  as an act of obedience to God.As Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son, God intervened and instead provided a lamb as the sacrifice.
So people sacrifice an animal usually lamb,goat,camel to remember Abraham and they share the meat with their relatives,neighbours,family and the poors.
These two festivals are all holiday :)))) Like now.
That�s why I am able to explain you the situation at this moment.
(But I think you�ve already known this info.)
 P.s I would appreciate if you share your experience with us.
Lots of love to you...

10 Dec 2008     

freddie
Canada

What an inspiring teacher you are gilorit! What a wonderful, inclusive, honoring, culturally aware idea to honor ALL the festivals and holidays. If only the world were filled with people like you!

10 Dec 2008     

sruggy
Morocco

10 Dec 2008