Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Book recommendations - what are YOU reading?    

Book recommendations - what are YOU reading?

libertybelle
United States

Book recommendations - what are YOU reading?

We have a Winter holiday coming up and I need some inspiration - not for my students but for myself.

What would you recommend?  What �s a great book you �re read lately?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Hugs L

18 Feb 2011      

Jayho
Australia

The Book Thief by Markus Zusack

Just read it for my Book Club and LOVED it.

There�s a reader�s guide here including book club discussion questions http://www.randomhouse.com/features/markuszusak/bookclubcontent.html

18 Feb 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

My most recent book is "Left Neglected" by Lisa Genova, who also wrote "Still Alice", which is also excellent.  Both books treat different subjects. Left Neglected is about a woman who has to learn how to live without her left side because her brain can �t recognize it anymore.  Still Alice is about a woman learning to live with Alzheimer �s disease. Both books are excellent!

On a lighter side, I also enjoyed "One Day" by David Nicholls. I know there is a movie made about this book but I don �t know when it will come out.

18 Feb 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

My last book was Portnoy �s Complaint by Philip Roth, absolutely hilarious and witty!

18 Feb 2011     

lizamuni
Argentina

kite Runner by khaled Hosseini was one of the best books I read last year.

Enjoy your Winter Holiday Libertybelle!

18 Feb 2011     

sorinadan
Romania

Try reading Rachel Gibson - All of her books are romantic and perfect for a holiday. I have also read The House of Night series - I loved it!

18 Feb 2011     

Apodo
Australia

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I know it sounds odd but it �s a very enjoyable read.

18 Feb 2011     

baiba
Latvia

I am half-way through The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova which claims to be a phenomenal bestseller.  Really gripping! There is mystery, suspense, romance, history, travel...

18 Feb 2011     

epit
Turkey

Hi I read The Millennium Third last week.It was very gripping at the begining but then it turned into Lara Croft .NowI �m reading Sashenka by Simon Montefiore.It is interesting .

18 Feb 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King my all-time favorite author!!! 4 novellas - not "short" stories but not big enough to be novels... i �m reading it right now and i love it!!!

18 Feb 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I am reading now "Shanghai Girls" by Lisa See and it �s really interesting (two Chinese girls who have to emigrate to the US when the second World Word bursts out). I also read another book by her which I loved "The Silk Fan", through which you can learn lots of things of the Chinese culture and the hard time they had to go through in the past.
Hope it helps
Yolanda

18 Feb 2011     

1    2    Next >