Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bringing this back to the top.    

Bringing this back to the top.

libertybelle
United States

Bringing this back to the top.

Regarding members who leave negative comments in comment boxes.

Lilytech

Yes you are wrong to think that you can leave negative comments.

The best way you can show that you don�t like a Worksheet, is to not download it.

The person making the Worksheet, apparently does like his or her worksheet, or
they wouldn�t have shared it with everyone in the first place.

L

10 Dec 2008      

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

belle
I agree completely!
before finding this wonderfull place I was just a consumer - I was DLing only free stuff and never thought  about the time and effort it takes to make even a simple WS!!!Now I can understand it! It is not less then half an hour - I mean the simple one!!!So when you see someone�s WS and don�t like it - just stay apart and that�s all!!You have no right to insult him/her! It is very good that we have a preview - you can see everything and make your opinion before DLing! So please teachers be tolerant!!And

10 Dec 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

You are right libertybelle, if we don�t like the ws, we just don�t download it! As simple as that. I don�t understand why leave an impolite comment. What is not useful to us maybe useful for other teachers. Besides, we are here to share, not to evaluate each others work. Respect and tolerance, please!
A big hug from Portugal

10 Dec 2008     

donapeter
Romania

I agree with you all. I want to tell you all that i am also a member at another site, a Romanian one, where teachers upload materials and can download without having points, without having contributions etc. They just take materials from there and that�s all: no comments, no marks, nothing. This creates a frustration, knowing that we work a lot and other people take our work without saying a Thank you. So, if we are here, on this site and we have the opportunity to recognize, to appreciate and to share(not only take) the ws , we should behave and respect each other. I got rude comments , too. I just ignored them. Sometimes I have mistakes in my worksheets because I don�t have time to read them again, but I accepted all the comments telling me that fact. It made me improve the ws. But negative comments........ This is lack of respect! We are not stupid and we are here to share and to learn new things.
I appreciate all the efforts that are made to create those ws and I remeber when I was a new-comer I got plenty of rude comments. I had the chance to improve my work and I developed my skills in designing ws. this happend in time.
So, give everybody a chance to demonstrate their true value!!
Have a nice evening!
D

10 Dec 2008     

donapeter
Romania

Well...I can see some mistakes here,too. Embarrassed Sorry but I was too angry.
D

10 Dec 2008     

freddie
Canada

I�m not sure what "negative comments" means. I have left one or two comments pointing out typos, mistakes etc on a worksheet but in the spirit of helpfulness and improving our community as colleagues do for each other in a professional community. But some may construe that as negative, whether it is meant that way or not. Though I agree that the best way to give feedback is not to download the ws, that certainly led me to work harder on my worksheets. However, if I like a worksheet and as I preview it I notice something, why not give this feedback?  

10 Dec 2008     

Apryll12
Hungary

My opinion is that leaving a �thank you� comment can be really encouraging and inspiring and the minimum effort someone should make when downloading a worksheet. But I personally like when someone leaves really constructive feedback on my work. E.g. �You should use less images�, or �the order of activites would be better in this or that way�, etc. so something that I can really learn from and I can pay attention to when creating my next ws. Correcting typing (or even grammar) mistakes should be considered as a help from fellow-teachers with no negative feelings.  

10 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Freddie.

This person was not being helpful, but being spiteful.
I have sent many private messages with small corrections to help a contributor -
but this is not a helpful message.

Here is the comment and you can judge for yourself.

I don`t like ws, I evaluate them professionaly.

As I wrote, if you don�t like a printable - don�t print it.

best wishes
L

10 Dec 2008     

meuge
Argentina

I agree with what you are saying... As I posted in another thread...we should behave with care and use kind words...
If someone doesn�t like a contribution, be it a worksheet, a ppt, frames, clipart or a song... well.. don�t download it! Or just  report it and leave a kind comment on the contributors page... We are not here to evaluate our fellows� work... Who are we to do that?
But I think people who are unkind and despiteful should be ignored and not taken into consideration... Instead of talking about them... just leave them alone with their bad moods... SmileWacko

As simple as that Wink

Best wishes to you too!
M. Eugenia

10 Dec 2008