Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > SOME OF OUR WORK IN A WIKI!    

SOME OF OUR WORK IN A WIKI!

Katiana
Spain

SOME OF OUR WORK IN A WIKI!

Dear teachers,

Once again I have sad news. There are stolen materials from this page in a Wiki. I have seen worksheets by Mena, Jelena, Alenka and other members including me. Does anybody know how to report a Wiki? I can�t find a link to do it. The address of the Wiki is this:

http://maristascoruna.wikispaces.com/APOYO+INGL%C3%89S++2%C2%BA+ESO

Their members are Spanish and the page is in Spanish. There are materials of several subjects but I think you can easily find the English ones, look for the links on the right where you see the word �INGL�S�.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Good evening/day and big hugs!

Katiana

21 Feb 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

To save space: (Sorry, Katiana for writing in your post but it �s somewhat related) I accidentally came across two identical sets of posters which were contributed with the time span of 9 days by two different users here (or may be by one user under two different user names). I had those from a different site where they were published a year ago. I also contribute to that site (and BTW have the same username there) I �m not a moderator and haven �t been here long enough to report smth right away. Would some experienced moderator be willing to send me a pm, so I could give you the links to consider this matter.
Sophia 
P.S. I also sent a pm to one of those users about a username of the contribution on that other site but haven �t got any response yet. 

21 Feb 2011     

mariamit
Greece

Hi Katiana.
If you want to report copyright infringement at Wiki you should send a message to [email protected]

I think it would help if you PM the others whose work appears there so they can send a message too.

Hope that  helps

Good night!

Maria

21 Feb 2011     

mr.sneeze
Bermuda

Hello Katiana. 
I can understand where you are coming from and I know that there have been major issues on eslprintables with worksheets from members such as yourself being "Stolen" and even printed in books. 
But can we really expect any less from the world that we live in today? 
So my advice would be just to let it slide. 
Seeing as you (and all other members here have published their work on a public domain) which anyone can access, the battle to "protect" your documents would be a lifelong task and expensive at that.  
At the bottom of each document on eslprintables there is "Copyright � 20/2/2011 Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner." But what does this really mean? From my limited knowledge of copyright issues documents have to be registered and fees payed to "officially" be copyrighted. I don �t know what the official situation at eslprintables is but I would not imagine that they have the resources to follow up on the multitude of cases that they would have to. I don �t know how much it might be related to you but this looked worth a read .http://www.loc.gov/teachers/copyrightmystery/
Don �t get caught up in the game and just think how many lives your work has affected in all these years of your dedication to making top class material available to all.
CiaO 

21 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I second Mr. Sneeze. Everything we put out there, we have to be prepared to have stolen from us, sad but true. What does sharing mean? Expecting something in return, even if it is only respect, is not the true meaning of sharing. That is actually quite a philosphical question worth thinking about.

How many of us really share without wanting something in return? Why are there so many more people here than on islcollective? Certainly not because the other place is younger, less known....just an opinion. I have not shared any English materials there yet, only German....

Regards

21 Feb 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Mr,Sneeze,

You say:
"At the bottom of each document on eslprintables there is "Copyright � 20/2/2011 Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner." But what does this really mean? From my limited knowledge of copyright issues documents have to be registered and fees payed to "officially" be copyrighted".

In the UK, no, they DON �T have to be registered!  Fees DON �T have to be paid!

Theft of Copyright  is Intellectual Theft

LES 

21 Feb 2011     

Zora
Canada

Some info on Copyrights:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2040334_copyright-work.html

And yes, Mr. Sneeze is correct that it would cost a fortune to retain a lawyer each and every time a copyright is infringed since you do need to prove that the work in the worksheet is entirely yours... clipart included.

21 Feb 2011     

rosalia
Spain

If they downloaded a worksheet and then they handed out photocopies to their students, nobody would complain. But if they upload that same worksheet on the school website, then they are thieves. Frankly, I don �t see the difference. In both cases that worksheet is being distributed among students and for the same purposes. Nobody is making any money.

22 Feb 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

From the rules of this website:

The documents included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means whatsoever. That includes publishing them on your website for your students � use.

I don �t mind if people use my stuff in their classroom, I would not like it if they posted a digital copy of it on another website without my permission. I don �t care whether you make money out of it or not. Aretha said it right: R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

When I joined this site, I agreed with the rules.

22 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

As the  wiki page belongs to a school, and is officially attached to their home page, maybe the members concerned are best off by contacting the school direct.

Contacts are in the left menu.

22 Feb 2011     

soledad_grosso
Argentina

[email protected]  for the ones who are not spanish speakers, there you have the school e-mail

22 Feb 2011     

1    2    Next >