Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I didn īt mean it!!!    

I didn īt mean it!!!

faten77
Tunisia

I didn īt mean it!!!

morning everybody, Zailda i īm sorry if I used one of your lay out puts without asking for permission!! It īs just because I didn īt know that it īs not allowed , just now I got your message and knew why my work was  repored !! It was just a NEARLY similar layout, wasn īt it? No problem in reporting me for using your layout !! have a nice , day , zailda... 

23 Feb 2011      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

The problem is not about similarity, that īs because you copied and pasted some graphics and texts boxes I drew myself (so I was able to recognize them) and according to the rules of the site we īre not allowed to use other person īs work (or parts of it) without the author īs permission - like elsewhere else, concerning copyright laws.

If you only had asked me, I could have sent you the complete layout (as I do from time to time, uploading them to the layouts page).

BTW, I haven īt sent you any message, as a moderator I vote the ws on the reporting page. The system sends you a message when one of your wss is removed.

Have a nice day!

I鏆 like to add 𦽳omething� (not specially sent to the member, but still concerning the same issue):

Beside any ws of this site you can clearly read: Copyright � 22/9/2009 (author𠏋 name)
Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner.

I don㦙 know if I𠍿 wrong, but for me it means: no re-use of the sentences, examples or any written part; no re-use of the graphics; no re-use of the layout.

I learned yesterday that some modern members think the fruit of hours of our work, knowledge, time, imagination, talent, skills, etc� (including our own mistakes) are not our intellectual property. But what they think is not what the international, countries�, publishers� laws and the site rules state.

We are not reinventing the wheel when we produce a ws, but we are creating something original from the POV that nobody would create it with the same words, sentences, pictures and exercises. Or the same mistakes � as some like to point out from time to time on the forum.

If you combine colors, shapes � and even draw some � nobody would do it in the same way. We didn㦙 invent the verb to be but the way of practicing and presenting it is original.

Some disagree and think other have the right to use parts of what we spent hours creating to prepare their 㺸riginal� work. They don㦙. Steal 10% or the whole is still stealing. Taking without asking first is still stealing, as it was before the internet and because of the internet changing our moral values is up to us, but you can change the name of the act in any way you want, it𠑥l still be stealing.

The ones who have elastic moral values and think that 衠ust a little won㦙 be of any harm�, or that 𧗽n the future things won㦙 belong to anyone�, let𠏋 wait until the future comes and then we𠑥l see.

For now stealing is stealing, whatsoever you want to name it.

Members who complain of other members� using their paid / own drawn clipart, layout, sentences� are accused of selfish, or are said they don㦙 know the meaning of 𦽳haring�. I certainly do. And also know how different it is from taking. When the author shares, he gives. When someone takes, the author is not the subject, he becomes the 㺸bject� of the action � maybe the grammatical explanation helps.

23 Feb 2011