Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > "What ´s your name?" Game    

"What ´s your name?" Game

derekwarrick
Brazil

"What ´s your name?" Game

Is there any cool activity I can use with students related to "introducing yourself"?
They ´re 10-14. And I can ´t think of one good game right now.

Please, help me.

23 Feb 2011      

tulpen25
Netherlands

I have a stack of cards with questions written on them. I ask students to sit/stand in a circle and every person takes a new card and has to answer the question. Then I sometimes - depending on ability - ask the others to guess what the question was. I used this method quite often and they loved it.

ETA: They have to say their name before answering the question and then after they´d answered the questions, I´d ask them questions about each other e.g. What was Johan´s favourite colour?

23 Feb 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

For the younger ones a game like the Introduction game on this website, maybe: 

And for a bit older ones a "Find someone who..." . You can use a template like the one suggested here:

teslj.org/Handouts/Kelly-Classmates.html

or write your own questions. 

Here are some more tips:

I ´ve tried "Find someone who..." and it can be pretty fun. 

23 Feb 2011     

lalla99
Romania

Another idea for an icebreaker/ warm up would be to use famous names since they love the idea of being famous, even for a few seconds and produces quite a lot of laughs.  The idea is to have pairs so that they have to find the other half of the pair.

5 Mar 2011