Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Illegal use of copyrighted material - THIEVES    

Illegal use of copyrighted material - THIEVES

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

@Zora... did you know that Brazil is one of those countries? Technically... any school is not allowed to own a TV or radio/CD player without paying a fee to CADE (the public organ in charge of paying royalties to artists and stuff). But this law is only reinforced to bars and restaurants so far... doesn �t make it less true though that fact that we are against the law. We just don �t get that thrown on our faces.

23 Feb 2011     

zailda
Brazil

@ Bruna: Someone starting a thread to talk directly to me also disturbs me (and I�d say it�s against the rules). Matters treated through PM will be answered privately; matters sent to the forum will be answered publicly, and if the answer is considered humiliating, the person could learn from his own mistakes and choose another way of communication next time. Also I found the message on the forum slightly �ironic� and had to bit my tongue to be as polite as I could.

23 Feb 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Please, Zailda... you are not the only member to have ever called other members a thief. Maybe I chose a terrible time to post my thoughts, as you have taken it personally. I �m not asking you, or talking about you. I know you use the term steal, and I know you have called other members thieves, and you must have your reasons. But you are not the only one. I �m sorry you had to bite your tongue. My message was not ironic. It was direct and objective:

LET �S STOP CALLING OTHER MEMBERS THIEVES. Don �t read more than this from anything I wrote in this thread.

23 Feb 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

OK WHO LET THE CAT �S OUT MEEOOWW!

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

23 Feb 2011     

zailda
Brazil

If I opened a thread each time I see things that I don�t like or I disagree with I�d certainly be banned.

1)      The member infringed a rule, so his wss got reported.

2)      The other moderators voted it to be removed.

End of the story.

But: The member started a thread and talked directly to me. Personal matters are to be discussed via PM. (second strike)

I answered in the more polite manner I could but also told the others (not directly to him) what I had to say about the matter (discussed many times at the forum).

You started this thread to question the use of one word in my answer. is it of any help? Shouldn�t this matter stop after the second item mentioned above? Isn�t it too much noise for something that was already ruled before?

Now I�m sorry to leave your company but I really have to work.

Have a nice day!

23 Feb 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

So... moving right along. Does anyone else feel that we might be okay without saying other teachers steal because they didn �t know/bother/care to ask about the rules first?

23 Feb 2011     

Zora
Canada

OK! Stop! Please!

Bruna was just saying that we shouldn �t be calling each other "THIEVES". It �s wrong. Especially since "nobody" here is an angel. We have all infringed some law in the past. So get over it! This is the Internet, we take, use and abuse according to what we believe to be right. Everybody has a different moral standard. So just be polite, play nicely and stop hurling accusations at one another.

PS: Spain is the same as Brazil, Bruna. We have to pay a fee too to an association.

23 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Alot of catchy phrases come to mind when reading these posts:  tempest in a tea cup, people in glass houses, cast the first stone, if you don �t like it (oops, sorry that one I use that alot), if you point a finger at someone, but the one that I see needs to be applied here is one made by a very, very, learned and wise man. He said "Can �t we all just get along?"

23 Feb 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Clap Ed !
Linda, as usual, I agree with you ...

23 Feb 2011     

melahel7
Canada

I don �t know what �s got into you all  lately but it �s getting really messy !  IMHO it �s getting tiresome.  To answer your question Bruna; in Quebec we have an educational provision which allows us to use DVDs in the classroom.  We just have to fill in the paper.  As for books, we are allowed to photocopy 10% of a book or 25 pages whichever comes first so this is not a copyright matter here.  As for your other statement, I guess we all borrowed something at some point.  My personel feeling is that as long as I use it for educational purposes, I feel no guilt.  Of course, I do try to not go overboard.

23 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >