Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > NZ Earthquake affects English Language Academy    

NZ Earthquake affects English Language Academy

Jayho
Australia

NZ Earthquake affects English Language Academy

AS many of you have heard, Australian neighbour NZ was hit with a 6.3 aftershock earthquake causing death and destruction in and around Christchurch.

Tragically, an English Academy was also affected with this being reported:

The school, King�s Education, occupied the third floor, which meant students, teachers and administrative staff had almost no chance of survival when the building crumbled and burned after Tuesday�s quake. At least 44 students and nine staff are presumed to have died, and a further 34 students remained unaccounted for.

It�s a sad sad time for everyone in NZ.

25 Feb 2011      

manonski (f)
Canada

Sad indeed! My prayers are with you.

25 Feb 2011     

_babz
Canada

Our hearts go out to you!

So sad....

25 Feb 2011     

kiaras
Mexico

We�ve gone through that kind of pain in M�xico! I feel sorry for anybody who�s suffering!

25 Feb 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

As a New Zealander who is a language teacher I can really put myself in the shoes of these poor people. Imagine sending your loved one off for a �chance of a lifetime � to learn English and they never come home again. It happened to a Columbian student of mine who was killed on the road while studying here on the Gold Coast, so I understand.

On another track this dreadful event will have a huge impact on the language industry downunder as NZ and Australia will be seen as "unsafe". This happened after the unfortunate death of a student in Melbourne.

What is happening to the world at the moment?

25 Feb 2011     

juliag
Japan

My thoughts are with the people who have been affected by this tragedy and also with their families.

25 Feb 2011     

Sara26
Brazil

This is really sad, Jayho. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

25 Feb 2011     

lshorton99
China

Deepest condolences to all those who have suffered as a result of this tragedy. My thoughts are with you all.

Lindsey

25 Feb 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

My deepest sympathy goes to all the people of New Zealand.

25 Feb 2011     

ikebana
France

My heart and  my thoughts  are with all the people of New Zealand .

25 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

My heart and my prayers go out to NZ, God bless all!

25 Feb 2011     

1    2    Next >