Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Need some suggestions and ideas    

Need some suggestions and ideas

leslie
Chile

Need some suggestions and ideas

Hi everybody!

I �m wiritng you to ask for some help, suggestions and ideas on activities for listening and speaking abilities.

This year I �m working  with teens from 13 to 17 years in the English Workshop class focus on  listening and speaking abilities.  I �ve been working with them but mostly in reading and sometimes with listening, in English class (that is the regular english foreing class), but with workshop in just this two abilities is kind of difficult for me in the way that I have to relate some actual themes and the other subjects in this class (that was the head director ask!!)

If you have some suggestions or material I �ll be really grateful!!!!

Thanks!!

25 Feb 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Leslie,

What about some simple dictations ? prepared or not according to your students � level.

Than you can start a story and make them go on for a sentence or two, that will allow to speak a coherent story you will write on the blackboard sentence after sentence.

You can choose a theme with them - for example the creation of a youth gang in the school - and discuss about this : who will be the singer ? and why ? who will be the guitar player ? will they write their own songs ? ... all that to work on suggestions.

Than you can choose some pictures and make tham a MCQ about 4 possible answers for each.

Afficher l ´image en taille réelle1) The singer is playing the violin
2) the singer is singing in front of a micro
3) the singer is only playing the guitar
4) the singer is playing the guitar and singing.

Good answer : 4.

You can make them work in small groups and prepare a short summary on a chosen theme. Each group will introduce a part of their summary and will answer their friends � questions after the summary. (about vocabulary or asking for more details).

hope this could help and give you a start for more ideas.

25 Feb 2011