Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What is an ESL resource?     

What is an ESL resource?

moravc
Czech Republic

Tony, I am sorry to see you angry. I can �t see your contribution in the reported section so I can �t tell you what was wrong with it...
I am sure you can add your instructions IN THE FILE, reupload it and the contribution will be accepted.

It seems to me your contribution is aimed at small kids and maybe it consisted of pictures ONLY...

I would like to share my thoughts on the picture contributions:
As far as I know, picture contributions should contain a collection of pictures AND the teacher �s notes, instructions, rules... IN THE FILE.
It is the same case as sharing a text copied from the internet and not adding any extra exercises or follow up questions. The contribution should be original and your own creation, so it should consist of 60% of your own work (exercises, questions, game rules, teacher �s notes etc) and 40% of copied pictures or text.
I believe it is fair...
We cannot call a worksheet MY WORK if it is maily work of some artists or writers, but not our own work, can we???
I would be really happy if ALL the contributors uploaded a comprehensive work.
It is really great to have a BIG collection of (cute) pictures. They are a great source IF contributor is GENEROUS and upload several pages rather than dividing the set into 5-10 parts...

6 Mar 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

To be considered as an ESL resource, besides adding your own work, the ws must have a purpose: practicing phrasal verbs? improving ss � pronunciation? providing a reading comprehension task? and so on...

Some are so excited to share a good picture that they forget to add its use in ESL learning & practicing.

The difference between a picture or text (made by someone else) and your own ESL contribution is your own work & tasks related to ESL added to it.

I don �t know whether your ws fits the description or not, but if you think it does, just reupload, or ask Victor to restore it.

Have a nice day!

6 Mar 2011     

teachertonyinchina
China

Hi all, I have come to the conclusion recently ; why do I bother uploading anything on this site. This site seems to be attracting a lot of  pond life and egomaniacs. All I want is fair play and to help new teachers.  I have been a member for quite a while and there is a lot of people here who are very negative and derogative.  I asked a question about � what are ESL resources  and got a really negative answer by a clown who calls themselves johnnyg.  johnnyg if you would like some English lessons my 5 year old daughter is free on Thursday evenings, she will teach you if your English is better than pre- basic. (which I doubt) johnnyg if you want to comment do so but don�t make your self look a bigger fool than you are. This site is for teachers not for students with 6 months studying.

I would still like the thoughts of any teacher, to my original question. I have given up on getting an answer from an administrator.   Even oppressed people can answer a question with a question ask a moderator.   

6 Mar 2011     

victor
Spain

Hello,

I �ve restored your worksheet because it �s not just clipart, it is an ESL game, as you explained in the description.

I think it is similar to this example, which appears in the uploading page:

"This is allowed because it is a speaking activity (Bingo)"

It �s not just clipart, it �s an ESL game.

@johnnyg: respect is essential among teachers. If you ever show this lack of respect towards other members of the website, your account will be cancelled.

Have a nice day,

Victor

6 Mar 2011     

lyny
Mexico

Tony, guess what???? I have a daughter too, she is five years old and she could teach you to speak spanish perfectly!!!!! You see!!!

I know a native tacher here but guess what??? She speaks English perfectly but guess what?????
I am not a native but I get four times the money she earns.
Because I don�t speak English perfectly but I am the best teacher known for some of the best enterprises in M�xico and I don�t mind speaking english perfectly but TEACHING!!!!! that is a PLUS!!!! 
It is more imprtant the WAY YOU TEACH than the way you speak!!!!!
I hope you get what I mean.
Hugs

6 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2