Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Downloading stolen worksheets    

Downloading stolen worksheets

marta73
Spain

Downloading stolen worksheets

Again, don�t be so mean... We�re having a lot of worksheet thiefs lately, and I think the number is increasing BEACAUSE PEOPLE KEEP ON DOWNLOADING their stolen wksheets massively. Look at karen�s stolen wksheet today! 100 downloads! It deserves another 100 downloads , but use her own link for goodness sake! we won�t get rid of this disgusting habit unless we DON�T DOWNLOAD what WE KNOW is stolen. I like to think that here, in this site, we help and inspire each other . I can�t stand those who take advantage of other�s people�s generosity, do you? READ COMMENTS FIRST  and don�t cheat. Sorry for capital letters, but this is so annoying!

24 Sep 2008      

sirah
Argentina

Hi Marta! you are right!! I�m very sad because Karen reported the stolen worksheet when it had only 3 downloads!!and now it has 125!!! Why do people download an stolen worksheet?? I hope Victor cancel this  account in order not to let this member to use his points.

Patricia

24 Sep 2008     

spring
Turkey

Hi Marta,Sirah
I completely agree with you Martha.
What you said is definetely true.
I am sick and tired of writing my ideas about this issue.
What makes me sick:There are some members who are constantly sending that  "thieves" thank you note.
It is impossible not to see warnings written in capitals as "STOLEN".When you send a comment,you have to pass other comments cos the box is under all the comments.Even if you pass them quickly,there is no chance to miss that warnings.
So why do you still help those thieves???
Just lose "a point"..Is it really important????
As I previously said you won�t be given medals when you have lots of points.So please quit this obsesssion.
Let�s say,even if you did download that stolen material,please stop sending "thank you" comments.This is nothing but mocking the real owner in my opinion.I identified the members.They are always same.Never fail to send "thank you" note to the stolen ws.What a pity!!!!!
Dear my Karen,I am so sorry that this happened to you too.
Members please consider this:

No pain,no gain�.

24 Sep 2008     

karen1980
Mexico

Yes... :( this burcu has more than 100 points using stolen material and its not fear... hope some day (im optimistic today hahahah yeah!! even if someone steals my ws :) all those "teachers" upload their own work... Its the right thing to do... Regards from Mexico and thanks Marta and Sirah for your support :)

24 Sep 2008     

karen1980
Mexico

thanks spring!!! totally agree with you!!! you�re a great person (and obviously an excellent teacher) :) regards

24 Sep 2008     

spring
Turkey

Btw,members please do not take my words above as an offence.
Of course people can make mistakes and you can download a stolen ws by mistake.This is not a problem.You can be distracted,in hurry e.t.c I am not criticizing this.We are all humans.Mistakes are for us.
And I am not talking about just the notes on Karen�s ws.But we should be a little bit careful.This is unfortunately becoming a comman problem.
What is upset some members are still in favour of downloading stolen ones.

24 Sep 2008     

demeter_mar
Uruguay

I have just seen two stolen printables in the new ones. I have put a comentary and I�m asking to others teachers to not download them. This situation is really disgusting.

25 Sep 2008