Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching privately    

Teaching privately

Sara26
Brazil

Teaching privately

Hello dears,

Hope you are doing great!
I �ve been tutoring the director of a company for a while, but now I �ve been requested to teach a group of employees. My question is: how should I fix the price of their classes? Should I charge the same I �ve been charging for the individual classes (which means, per month) or should I charge per student or according to the number of students? What is your opinion?
Thank you sooo much in advance for your suggestions!

8 Mar 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You should do whatever feels right to you.
Where I live they would charge each student, but the price per each would be a bit lower than if each of them had an individual class.
Sophia

8 Mar 2011     

Sara26
Brazil

Thanks for replying, Sophia !  Thumbs Up

8 Mar 2011     

maryse pey�
France

hi dear, I answered you on your private box. Hugs.

8 Mar 2011     

Montypython
France

Hi dear,

I think you should see what feels right to you & it should at least be more than for 1 single student.

Take care!

Marie

8 Mar 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

In Japan we would generally charge for a company class as adults often drop out, go on business trips, work late etc and sometimes we are left with a small class that is hardly worth (financially) teaching. Try and find out the going rate for such classes locally and charge a similar price.  I �m teaching a group of kindergarten teachers for more than three years and a group fee was set in the beginning; teachers come and go but the class remains.  The head teacher of the school insisted that we were undercharging and put the fee up 25% so everyone is happy.
 My understanding is that the class is subsidised by the kindergarten with the teachers paying a nominal fee, this way should a student be absent for a month they haven �t lost much money so they don �t quit for money reasons.
You have the ear of the company president so you can negotiate what is best for you both.

David

9 Mar 2011     

rainyp
Bangladesh

sara, first of all its up to you, the way you feel better. and my opinion is that, you can count it as a whole class and the price should be more than one single student.

hope it will help youSmile

9 Mar 2011     

Gerardina
Costa Rica

Hello, I think that David�s suggestion is really good. 
If people register for a group course in my country they pay in advance. Please, try to find out what is the average price in your area and then you can decide how much you can charge them.
God bless you.
Have a great weekend !!!

12 Mar 2011